cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SUS-MM question

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

SRM 5.0 extended classic scenario. We also have the plan driven procurement scenario. Configuration guide mentions the creation of a new class type for distribution of vendors from ECC to SUS. Is that required only for customres who don't use EBP? Can we not distribute vendors from ECC> EBP as business partners-> SUS as business partnres.

What is the best practice in this scenario? I am not sure if making a custom class type the defaul class type for vendors is a good idea if that can be avoided.

Regards,

Bejoy

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Bejoy,

I have implemented both SRM/SUS and MM/SUS scenarios on a SRM/SUS one client installation (in that case we don't use XI for synchronisation of BP between SRM and SUS, and SRM vendor is only updated with SUS role).

As the SRM vendor has got R/3 reference in VENMAP table, it will also be available for SUS, so SUS can exchange documents directly with ECC.

So yes this is possible for the SRM/SUS one client installation.

But with separated clients for SRM & SUS, or for separated servers installation, if supplier is sent from SRM to SUS, you should only find SRM related entry in SUS VENMAP table, and not ECC related entry in SUS VENMAP table.

In that case, SUS won't be able to determine the ECC vendor ID during document exchanges, and this will raise errors.

You should test it, but I think this will work as described.

Rgds

Christophe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Thanks for the responses.

We have SUS client and a different EBP client in the same instance. You are basically saying that we have to replicate vendors from ECC> SUS (using XI) for the plan-driven procurement scenario and also from ECC> EBP (BBPGETVD)-->SUS for service procurement. What happens if the same vendor is in both scenarios?

Regards,

Bejoy Narayana

Ramki
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bejoy

You are right. You will have 2 separate replications.

Two separate business partners will be created. However, you can edit the venmap table directly and ensure that business partner number is the same in both cases.

e.g. Vendor 1000 is replicated to SUS from EBP (EBPCLNT100) as BP 12016 and from R/3 (ERPCLNT200) as 1000.

Your venmap table might look like:

1000 ERPCLNT100 ...........

12016 EBPCLNT100 .........

You can edit it as follows:

1000 ERPCLNT100 ...........

1000 EBPCLNT100 .........

Best regards

Ramki

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bejoy,

are you planning to use SUS-MM (for Plan Driven) and SUS-EBP

(for Service Procurement) both in parallel? This is not working as far as I know.

Have also a look at OSS 543544 defining that ECS is not working for SUS.

But ECS is prerequisite for the SUS-EBP scenario as well for standard SUS-MM.

In case you'll go for a try to have both in parallel, I would not use the same SUS

client for both. Also the purpose of the two scenarios is different, why replication

of vendor data should not give an issue.

Thanks,

Claudia

Former Member
0 Kudos

Planning to implement SUS-MM, could anyone please forward the documentation on configuration and screen shots if available. Also please clarify whether SUS client need to be copy of client 100 or 000.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Christopher iam in support for both SRM 5.0 and SRM-SUS these two are different clients (scenario is classic).I worked for EBP classic scenario can u send any related documents or links.Right now we dont have any documents no authorisations for SRM system

Thanks in Advance

srinu_sapsrm@yahoo.com

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bejoy,

SUS counts as an own application and is also recommended to be in a different

client. Therefore the replication of vendor information into SUS from ECC is

needed. Just follow the config steps and also create the class type. This is not

a default for your whole system landscape.

Thanks,

Claudia