Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mandatory profile parameters for start up

former_member201054
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

For ABAP/JAVA system ( 7.40) what are all the mandatory parameters to be present in default and instance profiles for starting up the services.

The ideal behind this question is to narrow down the system down issue and reducing the time of troublehooting.

By ensuring the parameters suggested, verify the profiles easily and go down to checking the memory parameters further.

I would appreciate your help.

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

isaias_freitas
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello,

I didn't test this... But I would guess that you need at least the parameters below.

All other parameters would be calculated based on them or will assume the kernel default value.

• PHYS_MEMSIZE (for ABAP; this will activate "Zero Administration Memory Management" - "ZAMM");
  • The Start_Program_X parameters, of course ;
  • Anything related to Start_Program_X.
    For example, you might have something like "pf=$(_PF)".
    This "$(_PF)" points to a "variable" named "_PF" that is to be defined at this profile as well;
  • SAPSYSTEMNAME;
  • SAPSYSTEM;
  • INSTANCE_NAME;
  • SAPLOCALHOST (if using a virtual hostname);
  • The "rdisp/wp_no_*" parameters (for ABAP);
  • rdisp/mshost, rdisp/msserv and rdisp/msserv_internal (for ABAP; should be at the DEFAULT.PFL only);
  • "enque/process_location = REMOTESA", enque/serverhost and enque/serverinst (for ABAP, if your system has an ASCS instance; should be at the DEFAULT.PFL only);
  • Database related parameters, like SAPDBHOST;
  • j2ee/scs/host, j2ee/scs/system and j2ee/ms/port (for Java; should be at the DEFAULT.PFL only).

Regards,

Isaías