Capacity check for storage bin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all

Can you please help me with configuration for capacity check in storage bin

I have done below

1. Ls 10 maintian maximum wt per each storage bin

2. Each storage type maintian indicator 3 and activated capacity check

3. Material mater maintain Wm 2 palletization data and under storage bin maintain maximum wt per quantity

4. Wm 1 I am not sure about capacity check

Can some bdy help me were I am going wrong

Thanks and Regards

Sree

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Manish Ji

I want to have Capacity Check at each Bin Level and One bin contains only 1 Pallet and that Pallets Weighs Maximum around 1000 KG, if any thing more than 1000 Kg system should not allow any other Additional Wt in to that Bin.

thanks and Regards

Sree

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

By looking at your screen and your requirement I see few  issue

1) you want system not to allow storage if the total weight of pallet goes beyond 1000 kg , in this case you need to select "Capacity check according to maximum weight " I don't remember the exact number but it should be 1check the drop down list in the capacity check method

2) looking at wm 1 screen I don't see the gross weight assigned to material please maintain that

Maintain the above two and try again also one more observations

3) LS 10 is a structure which helps to create multiple bins here I hope you have created the bin. Please check the bins (1-012-01-1) also whether maximum weight are updated or not

4) WM2 view palletization data maximum bin quantity field is helpful during replenishment process or with fixed bin strategy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Manish Ji i will try to Change and will do testing and one more if i want to have a single batch per Material in one Bin only then  which option i need to Select i hope its P Correct me if i am Wrong.

Mixed storage not allowed
ASeveral homogeneous storage units per bin
BSeveral batches per bin and pallet (only SU bulk storage)
CSeveral batches per bin (only SU bulk storage)
POne mixed storage unit per bin
XMixed storage without limitations
MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

if the requirement is to store only single material and batch then you should use " "- mixed storage not allowed

Former Member
0 Kudos

IF i select the  Mixed Storage not allowed  there is an Problem in our warehouse due to Space Constrain when ever the Stock is Quality Q it should be Placed in Storage, and if i put this Mixed Storage not Allowed when ever i am Trying to Change Stock from Q to Unrestricted System is throwing and Error Mixed Storage is not Allowed, how to go Further.

2. Weight is not Updating in LS03N even though i maintained the Maximum Weight in LS10 for that Storage Type  and in Material Master Gross Weight and Capacity Usage.

thanks and Regards

Sree

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1) do you want to store the unrestricted and Quality in the same bin ?

2) when are you updating the maximum weight in  LS10 before Storage bin creation or after storage bin creation ? Since I don't the maximum weight updated in the screeshot of the bin which you shared I hope that you updated the same after bin creation. This value needs to be define at the time of bin creation after Bin creation it is not going to update the bin master.

Please use t-code LS11 to change/ update the maximum weight in mass

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

At what level you want capacity check to be active maximum weight or quantity in a bin according to LE Qty1 from material master ? Please share the screen of your setting if possible