Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web Sockets - Communication Error(14) - Work Manager

Navdeep_Singla
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am trying to setup out of the box SAP Work Manager with SAP backend (version 6.2). I have done SAP Backend Add Ons, SMP install, Agentry app publish etc. Everything seems to be fine with no error thrown. However I don't see in startup.log any websockets message.

When I try to connect a client from local machine or from the machine where SMP is installed I am getting "Communication error (14)" on the client. I don't see any client attempting login to the server either. However if I try to reach out to the URL through web browser it is showing "I am here" message.

I suspect there is something wrong with websockets, but not sure how to troubleshoot it. I have enabled websockets under Web Server IIS in Windows server 2012 R2, but didn't solve the issue.

Any ideas how I can troubleshoot this issue please? Relevant logs are attached.

Regards,

Navdeep

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Navdeep,

What version of the SMP Server and what client platform / agentry client version are you using?

--Bill

Navdeep_Singla
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Bill,

I am using SMP 3.0 SP08 PL03 (latest one). From client side I am using WPF client version Agentry130.7.2.31.

Regards,

Navdeep

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Please download the latest WPF client SDK SP09 PL0 and try using that client.  I can't tell what WPF client your version number equates to.  They made changes in the default security settings and older WPF clients don't connect unless you modify settings on your server or update to a newer client.  With WPF in particular I strongly recommend updating to the latest available client.

--Bill

Navdeep_Singla
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Bill,

i am using MOB_WM_WPF00_1-70000651.EXE (Work Manager WPF 6.2.0) installer. I will download the latest one from SDK and update the thread on how it goes.

Thanks for your support.

Regards,

Navdeep

Navdeep_Singla
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Bill,

It was the client. I downloaded the latest WPF client from SP09 PL06 and it worked straight away.

Many thanks, appreciate your help.

Also thanks to Stephen and Prashanthi for this help.

Regards,

Navdeep

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Navdeep,

Ideally, when you get "i am here" message from web browser and than face communication error from the client-> the issue would be relating to the certificate. You need to install the server server on the client. But in your case, you are running client and server on the same machine.

What url are you using to connect from the client? is it the domain url ? Can you try installing the SMP server certificate into trusted root ?

One more thing i noticed from your start up logs ->

I do not see any info about java back end and agentry application being loaded successfully.

Are your attached logs incomplete or can you make sure that your agentry app is loaded correctly and successfully?

Navdeep_Singla
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Prashanthi,

I have tried clients both from same host as server and another machine. I have installed server certificate on both of these systems in trusted root.

I am using FQDN with SAPWM62 at the end (Agentry app URL). It is the same for both browser test and Agentry client test.

I could not attach log files with this thread (SCN would not allow it). So I merged Startup.log, Events.log and hostname-SMP-server.log into one text file. I think javabackend and app loading messages are there.

Regards,

Navdeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Looking at the Logs files you posted, I see the Java backend starting, and also, I don't see any error on startup.

When you use the FQDN in a web browser to get the "I am here" message.  Can you look at the certificate to see if the brower shows any errors?

Navdeep_Singla
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Steve,

Browser does not show any error when I access FQDN in web browser. it goes straight to "I am here" message without any warnings.

Regards,

Navdeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

What browser are you using?

Can you post a screen screenshot how the browser shows the certificate.

Navdeep_Singla
Explorer
0 Kudos

It is IE 11.

Screenshot is attached