cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does the Database Manager tool work with 7.9?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Maxdb world.

This is my first post, so please be gentle. We;ve been running Maxdb on HP_UX for Content server for a number of years, and it remains on version 7.7.

However, as part of a drive to remove ORACLE DBs from our landscape, we are attempting to migrate all our Java instances to Maxdb 7.9. I've done the first one ok, but I can't get it to add to the Database manager tool so I can 'manage' it'. The tool is version 7.6.

So, my question is, has the database manager tool been replaced by Database Studio? Or, is the an issue connecting to a 7.9 database from a 7.6 tool, and is there a newer version of this tool available?

Thanks

Bill Dedman

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JamesZ
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Bill,

Yes, database manager is replaced by database studio. Database studio will keep updating, but database manager has no further development.

Database manager can partially work with database 7.9, so you have to use database studio to manage the 7.9 database with full function.

By the way database studio is easy to use as well.

Good luck.

Best regards,
James

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi James

Thanks for the reply. I guess I figured as much after downloading the latest Database Manager, and still not being able to see my database to connect too.

I've got Database studio installed, but I'm a bit stuck on how to register/connect to a database running on another server. My Database is on an HPUX server. Any clues or quick start tips would be most appreciated.

By the way, have you any experience in running MaxDB in an HP_UX Service guard cluster? I've got a second issue if you have......

Thanks again

Best Regards

Bill

JamesZ
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Bill,

Please try to right click the server node in the attached screenshot:

then you go to add -> server/database.

Then input the target server ip and add the database you are interested.

I do not have experience on maxdb hp-ux cluster, but any issue you meet, please let me know, in case I can do the help.

Best regards,
James

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi James

Great, thanks for that. I'll give it a go.

My other problem can be seen at

Thanks again

Bill

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi James

Just wanted to let you know that my Database Studio is working fine now. My problem was I had an older version installed, which I had to remove. This meant stripping it out from the windows registry etc etc to get rid of it. Once I'd reinstalled, your screenshot and instructions worked just fine.

Also, I fixed my other issue too, so having a good day today.

Thanks again for your help. Much appreciated.

Best Regards

Bill Dedman

JamesZ
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

thanks Bill for the feedback, wish you a nice day as well.

Answers (0)