Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Impact of change in pricing procedure

former_member431487
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have two questions regarding pricing procedures. Would really appreciate if somebody can answer them.

1. We want to change the pricing procedure for our Sales Area from X to Y and create new sales documents with pricing procedure as Y. But how will this impact the existing sales documents in our sales area which have pricing procedure X. Can they not be delivered / invoiced?

2. If we make one condition type in an existing pricing procedure as mandatory but with a requirement (routine) then will it have any impact on the existing sales documents that have this condition type where the requirement is not satisfied or will this condition type only be considered as mandatory for new sales documents which satisfy the requirement?

Thanks,

Karan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member184771
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Karan,

The new PP will be applicable to all new transaction which you create and its very clearer also. But what is the setting you had maintain at copy control level. Assuming Pricing type: B or C

i. For the old transaction which is already created i.e SO create with PP-X, while creating Invoice new pricing i.e. PP-Y will be picked up with updated pricing element from SO if condition type is same remain same.

ii.  What ever change you made at PP-Y will be carried out at Billing level will all new changes.

What I suggest you, test a cycle will all combination in QAS server for get a fell of system behavior and then move the changes to PRD.

Thanks

SS

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

0 Kudos

Hello.

No problem.

SAP has a variable in customizing, is associated with sales document type, and is used for determine Pricing Procedure (PP).

I you create new variables the old sales documents (Orders and Invoices) will not have problems.

Take care because this variable, is also used by other funcionalities like Free Goods.

Don´t forget the compliances and reclaims documents.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you really wanted to learn something in SAP, at the outset, you should avoid posting such queries.  Instead, you should try in your system on your own, especially, you will get an answer for your first query, if not the second one.

For the second query, assuming that your query is about zee routine,  it is not possible to tell how system would react since we need to check what validations are set in that routine. 

where the requirement is not satisfied

What do you mean by this?  If the requirement is open ended, then it will have impact on all document types.  On the other hand, if there is any validation for a particular document type or item category, then it will have an impact only for those.

G. Lakshmipathi

prashant_sharma21
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Karan,

The  changes in Customer address is reflect to existing documents only Apart from this Nothing reflect to existing documents.

So, Whether you change Pricing procedure or condition type/ Requirement it will not reflect to existing documents.

Thanks,

Prashant Sharma