cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Return process (store returns) with quality management in SAP Retail system

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I want to setup quality management process in store return by customer. Normally in Retail, returns are booked at point of sale so there is no return sales order created in SAP for this.

Can some one let me know, how can I initiate quality management process in store when customer returning something back (do i need to creates return sales order for this?).

Do I need to book the product in unrestricted first OR I can initiate process with quality management?

I want to map end to end process for this where, customer will return the product in store and then store (plant 1) will return it to distribution center and from distribution center (plant 2), product will be returned to Vendor.

Request you all to provide some inputs on what option SAP provides to map this process?

Thanks in Advance!!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member

Hi Arijit and Anand,

I checked this and it seems to be perfect!!!

Thanks a lot!!

I have few queries as follows:

1. As my client is in retail business, many products are returned ion daily basis in store by customer and by store to Vendor/another plant.

Creating separate notification for each product/material is not feasible. So we want to create single notification wherein all materials can be entered.

As per my understanding, a notification can have only one material in it.

Is there any SAP functionality which I can use to have one notification for multiple products so that data entry and tracking will be more easy?

2. When goods receipts are posted and inspection lot is approved, we do not want to move the stock to unrestricted location. This is because some pre-handling activities needs to be performed on those products before they are available for sale. We also don't want to have that stock in inspection or block stock types as those are meant for some other actions. So how can I manage this and show this pre-handling stock as approved in QM but not yet available for use.

I observed some reserve location option but dont know how it works.

3. I tested notification and observed that I need to have stock in unrestricted which I can move to block as part of notification process. Is it possible to create notification first and then take that stock into block stock type directly and not into unrestricted. Booking this stock into unrestricted increases stock level available for use.

I appreciate your inputs on my above queries and thanks a lot in advance!!

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
  1. I remember once I had tried to assign multiple batches in a notification but I didn't have a chance to explore if SAP allows to enter multiple materials in it. You need to activate the business function set OPS_QM_EXTENSIONS in transaction SFW5 first to use this extended functionality related to quality notifications. The link Quality Management: Enhanced Functions for Quality Notifications - Business Functions (SAP Enhanceme...is useful for this. Also check the sub link on the same page for assigned objects. - Assigned Objects - Quality Notifications (QM-QN) - SAP Library The path for configuring additional assigned objects is mentioned in the 2nd link. My question is - If SAP allows you adding multiple materials in the notification (though I am doubtful at the moment) in what way that will help you to manage your case? How will you assign the tasks to these several materials for its delivery creation of goods receipt? If the requirement is so stringent then another better option is to go for a customized screen development for these multiple objects. It is assumed that you will not be able to use the QM notification to its fullest in later case.
  2. What issue do you see if the stock lies in Quality inspection? You should add the pre-handling activities as one of your inspection parameters in inspection plan. Until you complete the it don't post the stock to unrestricted. If the stock is inwarded then it has lie somewhere, either in Block, Unrestricted, or QI. Reserve also stores in the blocked stock.
  3. To move the stock to block stock via QM notification it has to be available in unrestricted use first. I think you are expecting PGR (post goods receipt) in to block stock directly. Why not in to Returns compartment using 651 movement which is standard SAP? It will raise the inventory levels but not the valuation as long as it is lying in returns compartment.

Anand

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anand / Arijit,

Thanks a lot for your replies. It has helped me a lot and have resolved all almost of of my queries.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Arijit and Anand!!

Your information has cleared my many doubts. I will go through links that you provided and will update you on the same.

I will keep this thread open for some time as I may need your further input once I check this.

Thanks a lot for your valuable inputs!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Anand!!

I am working on IS Retail solution. My Client is retail company and they do not manufacture anything. What I understand from my analysis is, process can be started with quality notification in SAP in store to book customer return and then raise return PO from store to DC and issue return goods to distribution center. Yes, as customer is returning the product, he will is issued credit note/replacement material/cash. All options possible.

I am not very sure what would be the right point of starting this process. Also I also need to understand how can I use quality notification raised in Store for reporting purpose (might be for vendor evaluation).

My requirement here is, as customer returns product to store, store reclaims customer with credit note. Similarly when store returns this product to distribution center, it should be able to raise credit note on DC. Same should be the case when DC (distribution Center) returns the product to external vendor and raise credit note. Also this needs to be considered in vendor evaluation.

I am not much aware of quality management processes and learning the same. But would like to know how can I run this process in SAP IS retail and how can I use QM reports for the same.

Your help is much appreciated.

Thanks in advance!!

busyaban7
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

First let me admit that I have not worked on IS RETAIL yet, hence what I would propose will be limited to Standard SAP ECC QM functionality only.

Well, based on your feedback, looks like your business wishes to implement a lean Quality Notification as a management step, to manage return delivery form customer. But it seems there is no such need to manage the flow using QM using Inspection type 06, following the thread - Customer return,inspection type 06 | SCN. (Thanks to all original contributors for attached SCN discussion thread!!)

But, as you already informed that you are interested in generating credit note/Return Material/Cash, etc, hence you may need to capture the above processes using Notification tasks, with some add-on controls.

On high level, you can use notification type "Q1" [Customer Complaints] and try executing below tasks to manage the flow -

Task1 => Create Return Sales Order (VA01) => Execute this task so that the task status becomes TSCO. Please populate the return order number in the 'description/text' tab against this task.

Task2 => Once this task is complete, only then you can process the task 2 (return Delivery). Update the Return Delivery number against task 2 - 'description/text'.

Task3 => Once this task is complete, only then you can process the task 3 (PGI). Material document should be saved against the task3 description/text.

Task4 => Once the task 1/2/3 are complete, you can launch the task4 related to settlement (credit note/Return Material/Cash). Add the same as reference in description/text.

NOTE: Working with ABAP team, you can make the updates of the respective document number in description or long text after execution of the processes. You can also use "Action Box" to map these requirements and complete the notification processing.

You can anticipate some better answers for other experts as well.

Thanks,

Arijit

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Kiran,

Quality Notification is indeed a great functionality and has much flexibility as well. You can customize a new notification type and make use of the tasks wisely as Arijit pointed out to suit this to your requirement.

There is no specific rule from where the process should start. Some organizations they create notification first and based on that they create return orders while others first inward the material and then do analysis. It all depends on how your organization operates physically and in which sequence. You should replicate the same processes in SAP. For your case I think this could be something like this

1. If somebody is first getting informed that the customer is unhappy and wishes for the replacement of the product then the so called person or agency would create a notification (may be you can customize specifically for this purpose) first in system. Here the person would enter the nature of complaint and other details such as batch number as conveyed by customer.
  2. The same notification will be investigated further and immediate tasks would be initiated. Like a visit by your representative to customer site to verify the issue. This person will update the comments against the same notification on what he / she did there to verify the complaint.
  3. Based on above inspection if it decided that the product is faulty and needs to be replaced then you assign the new task in the same notification to different user to take this material in your stores.
  4. Subsequently further processes in SD module will start and every time you complete the any such tasks you should go on updating the same in the same notification to have tracking till it reaches to DC or the last node.
  5. And, it further offers a customized workflow as well, with which you can send emails to the next task processor on what he or she is supposed to do or at what stage the notification is

This is one way in which you can use notification functionality to document the details.

Another or next further role of QM comes when the actual material is returned. Refer the link Arijit provided for 06 inspection type . This is useful mainly when you want to have detailed why why analysis for the customer complaint. Combination of above 2 can also exist simultaneously.

Another point that you mentioned is vendor evaluation. Well, this is also again a vast topic but I am sure link quality notifications as one of the factors for rating the vendor. The only thing that I think you need to take care is you should raise a separate notification for vendor and the product that he supplies. I would suggest to have search on this link as it would be bit difficult to explain in this thread. I apologies for that!

MM Vendor Evaluation - SAP Library

Anand

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Kiran - How you are doing it in your non-SAP system right now? Does it involve any financial transaction such as issuing credit note to the customer? If so then this is more towards in to SD side. I can brief you from QM point of view where the process begins once you do the PGR (Post Goods Receipt) in the system.

In the scenario I worked in, there was returns sales order with reference to that they were in-warding the material with 651 movement. I had activated 06 inspection type in material master for carrying out inspection once they receive the rejected consignment back. It gets posted to return compartment and generates the inspection lot of 06 origin. You can record your inspection results against this lot. If needed you can raise a notification against this lot to have why why analysis for this complaint. And then move the stock to unrestricted using MB1B 653 movement or to the rejection storage location. You would surely find the stuff on this in details on SCN as many threads are available.

I would advise you to active QM in the plant where you are manufacturing it. Many industries (like you also mentioned in your case) have the practice to inward the material first in Plant A (Generally this refers to warehouse sort of thing from where it was actually sold to the customer) and then they transfer it to the Manufacturing Unit (Say Plant B) for its analysis. Of course you can activate QM in any plant. That depends upon your set up.

Anand