cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP APO SNP output to ECC LTP

Former Member
0 Kudos

All,

I am setting up SNP in APO to come up with a Production Plan (Supply plan ), my end results are stored in a "production plan" key figure. I want to be able to send the production plan numbers to ECC LTP in an inactive version, so I can run some simulations in LTP to come up with capacity loads & supplier forecasting etc. Is this technically possible in standard SNP setups ? I see it proposes planned orders when i do the SNP plan in sandbox system. I am kind of thinking how in APO DP, we sent the VSF in active version to ECC, i was thinking from SNP if we can send the output of SNP in an inactive GP version into Demand management which will not be considered for MRP but will be considered for LTP based on my LTP Scenario setup.

Any advise, please let me know.

thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

RahulHanda
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Logically you can do the same simulations in APO itself (not sure why you want to do them in ECC, considering if all the data etc. is in sync in both systems) in in-active version etc..

For now I will reply to your question: you can try:

• The way we send the DP forecast, same way try sending this but put in-active version in transfer profile. (I am not getting into details how your ECC is/will be architect).
  • You can load the data to BW cube and then pass to ECC as (PIR's etc for in-active version).
  • You can copy SNP planned orders to DP (/SAPAPO/LCOUT) and then send as in case one.

If this answers your question follow

Regards

Rahul

kenneth_snyder
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There is no standard way of doing this.

But I agree with your idea.  I have done the same thing, sending the planned orders to PIR inactive version in ECC that is connected to a scenario for LTP.

But why not just transfer the DP forecast from APO to the "inactive" PIR version in ECC?

Then run LTP? 

I have also created a program to transfer the SNP planned orders to ECC inactive version.

The reason why people do this:  LTP allows you to run financial reports that are already being utilized w/in ECC.  Also not every product/component may be planned in APO.

SAP should develop this capability but it is easy to do this using ABAP or LCOUT.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rahul,

Thanks for your reply.

At this point - I do not want to touch DP module, what ever I would like to implement in SNP.

Also, we have a custom supplier forecasting module that was built in-house in ECC that gets feed from current LTP simulations and sends forecast to suppliers automatically based on my supply plan. My current process will be like,

"take forecast from DP, do flexible planning in ECC, dis-aggregate into SKU level and send it to LTP for simulations and supplier forecasting"

I want to do this flexible planning in APO, so found SNP more suitable to come up with the production build plan, but it creates planned order, which i do not want to sent to ECC, rather send just the numbers and let LTP in ECC create the planned orders for evaluation.

So I like your first approach, want to send VSF as GP inactive version and MRP does not consider this inactive VSF. Run my LTP and firm my planned orders, this will be my supply plan.

Am i thinking straight ? thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Kenneth,

I do not want to transfer from DP into inactive version, because I want to use SNP process and do some changes. In my case my DP will be unconstrained and SNP will be constrained and I will have differences. Not planning to do capacity leveling in SNP now, but eventually yes, once I have a framework up and running first do the SNP process in APO to come up with a build plan.

I agree with your LTP analysis,

- some financial reporting,

- other reports per material group/vendor etc etc

- our custom supplier forecasting module to

- as well and on top of it, I want the business to firm the planned orders and feed to demand management as supply plan from LTP, rather than automate it straight from APO ( may be this is possible in APO, i m not sure )

Why did you have to create a program to send the results to LTP ? is there no standard SAP way, as Rahul suggested in Option 1?

thanks