Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Depreciation run after legacy data transfer

former_member220526
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Fiscal Year of our company code is July to June. Our cut over date is 31-Aug-2015. Now based on this we will have two types of data 1) legacy assets master  and 2) Current Year Acquisitions. I set The asset take over date as 31-Aug-2015 and the last period posted in legacy system as 2nd period of 2016. I have updated all the assets of legacy data with following values:

1) Cost Of the asset

2) Accumulated depreciation on 30-Jun-2015

3) Depreciation posted up till 31-Aug-2015.

For Current Year Acquisitions i have posted the bellow values:

1) Cost Of Asset

2) Depreciation posted up till 31-Aug-2015.

Now everything is fine but i am just confused about depreciation expense value to be posted. In OASV I will debit asset cost GL Credit Accumulated depreciation GL and Credit the initial upload GL with the balance amount. what about the depreciation expense of 2 periods of current year and it impact in accumulated depreciation GL? as per my under standing from the balances provided by users i will have to exclude the value of these two period's from depreciation  expense GL balances and accumulated depreciation GL balance and then execute the depreciation run for these two periods which will automatically update these two GL accounts with the value and it will be reconciled. but in this case there will be balances standing in my initial balance upload GL account. can any one please clarify my doubt.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Faizan,

My reply is agreed also by Mr. Mukthar as per your requirement. So if your issue is resolved, can you please close the thread and reward the points, if you think so.

Regards,

Malhar.

former_member198650
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Faizan,

In your initial balance upload through OASV, the accumulated depreciation amount should include current 2 months depreciation also. For the rest of the months the depreciation will post by AFAB.

Regards,

Mukthar

former_member220526
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mukhtar,

Thank you for your input. During the legacy data transfer i read the posts where is was said that in AS91 take over value tab we have to enter depreciation posted up till cut over date separately in Depreciation posted head so we did. the asset explorer shows exact plan as expected now. but my question is regarding the gl balance upload. can you please confirm Malhar Jain's Reply plz

former_member198650
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Faizan,

Yes, I agree with Mr.Malhar's reply.

Regards,

Mukthar

Tiger_007
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Data Migration for Fixed Assets

data migration for fixed assets. you have to use t.code: AS91. so, system will create FA No and update APC Value, Dep for Period and Acc. Dep.

please note no accounting entries generated. but, it will update in fixed asset module.

Data Migration for GL.

Dr Fixed Asset Cost (reset recon to normal gl)

Cr Initial Upload GL    

Dr Initial Upload GL

Cr Acc. Depreciation. (reset recon to normal gl)

after migration complete set as recon gl. after migration run report T.Code: ABST2

Dr Depreciation

Cr Initial upload GL

GL migration based on your Trail Balance. so, after migrating everything. your initial upload gl will be zero.

Regards

Srini

former_member220526
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivas,

Thank you so much for your input. So basically it means that after data migration system will allow me to execute depreciation run for 3rd period based on my settings and not for first two periods as last deprecation run period is mentioned as 2 of fiscal year 2016 in data migration settings. right?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

According to me, if you have entered the last posted depreciation as 02 period for Fiscal year 2015 then system will start posting depreciation from September only. The T-Code is OAYC where you have to assign this setting. Kindly note that in AS91 the current year depreciation amount you have to enter for 2 months only and rest amount will be posted in SAP.

Regards,

Malhar.

Tiger_007
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

when you say, July to June. lets assume your fiscal year variant is July 2015 to June 2016 then fiscal year should be 2015. lets assume youare takeover date is Aug'2015. so, before you start Fixed Assets migration using AS91. you have to do below steps.

Spro--> AA --> Asset Data Transfer --> Parameters for Data Transfer --> Data Specifications -->

Specify Transfer Date/Last Closed Fiscal Year

Set date as 31.08.2015

Specify Last Period Posted in Prv.System (Transf.During FY)

Set FY 2015 and Period 2. so, system will start posting depreciation from 3rd month i.e. sep'2015. since, you have already migrated first 2 preriods.

hope its clear now.

Regards

Srinivas