cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto Refresh Web Dynpro Component

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Friends,

I have recently developed a Web Dynpro application , which would auto refresh for every 5 mins. Its just a display report with Selection Screen and ALV table. Used Timed Trigger to achieve this.

Users are running this WD application all the day. They rarely close it, as they track the status of each event in Shipment every 5 mins.

Maintained Service with Authorization Id and Load Balancing options.

Here is my question:

Does the WD auto refreshing and executing for every 5 mins has any impact on the application system. Will it have adverse impact on memory or any other that would make the system to crash  or shut down.

Thanks,

KC

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

Performing a test in the program SAP_TIMER_DEMO, it is possible to see that there is no process running in SM50 while the timer is active. In SM04 the memory consumption also remains the same while the timer is running. So I could not see any performance issue.

As per the OSS note below seems that SAP also use this functionality in their standard application:
1606887 - Massman: Auto-refresh

Regards,
Felipe

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your time. It helped me.

User's are reluctant to hit a button every time to refresh. They are good with auto refresh option.

We had an issue in PROD, but basis analysed root cause and is due to some OS issue.

nishantbansal91
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Krishna,

There is no impact as such to system shut down. Yes no doubt it will consume memory .

So as suggested by Katrice Hawkins. Provide one custom button in the component instead of auto refresh.

Thanks and Regards,

Nishant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would suggest you not to provide the functionaity of auto-refresh as there might be chance where users might get some confusion.

Instead provide button/link to refresh the table entries .

Thanks

KH