cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to make Infopackage Status Red when File Not Found(Flat File Data Source)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

Is there any way to make the status of Infopackage Green when there is no file in the Application Server? I know it can be made Green when there are no records but is it possible to make it Green when the file itself is not found.

Appreciate your responses.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

KulDeepJain
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Kishan,

I am assuming you are using this infopackage in process chain.

Now you are having two situations

1. If file exists but data may exists or not info package finishes successfully and further variants executed. 
  2. File not found and info package failed. Further variants not executed and process chain stop this place.

For second case you can trigger further variants even it is Green/red state. This will trigger further variants even info packages fails and sucess.

Another alternate can be before infopackage trigger you can execute program in process chain . This program will check file with given name exist or not. In case dosen't exist it will create blank file with same name. So Infopackage will finish successfully.

I hope you understands my explanation.

Thanks,

KD Jain

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the response.

I'm actually looking for the 2nd option u mentioned. But I don't want to make the step to continue with "always" option because if the IP fails due to some data issue, we wouldn't be able to make out the error as it continues with further steps.

Can you please elaborate on the program. Currently I'm using a program to check if the file exists or not. But I'm not sure about the "creating blank file" part. Can we write in the program to create an empty file if there is no file found? Please let me know.

Btw I want to make the Infopackage status "Green".I wrote Red... My bad

former_member190104
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Kishan,

I too Faced a similar situation of IP turning red when file not found. I'm also looking for a solution.

My Actual FlatFile Name format is ProgMngrYYYYMMDD.csv, on a particular day if the flat file with present day is not available the IP is turning Red.

For Time being i did the below work around. Put a Template .csv file with only Header line as shown below in the Dir

ProgMngr.csv

EMPID | MNGR | FromDate | To Date | ProgramID.

In the Program, if the File is not existing i'm using the FM "STRALAN_COPY_FILES"  to copy the template file and create new file with name ProgMngrYYYYMMDD.csv for todays date, by which IP picks the file with 0 rows(Header Line is ignored in IP Settings).

Hope this helps, also Please post if you found any solution.

Regards,

AK