cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP on Windows 2003

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We have recently created a test system as a copy of production system on Windows 2003 and Oracle 11.2.0.4. The system was built as a virtual copy of production system. Whatever changes are being done in the test system are getting reflected in the production system. Could you let me know where there might have been an error.

Regards

Bharadwaj

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you check in dbacockpit tcode  -> system Landscape ->  System Configuration .

Here it would be pointing to prod host..

Regards,

Pradeep G.

Former Member
0 Kudos

@Yuksel, Luis

In DB02 the hostname is reflecting that of the test system only. Its not of production system.

After the system copy I have performed all the post steps like profile change , RFC commenting and others. Inspite of all this I feel why the changes made in sandbox are reflecting in production. Any clues ?

Regards

Bharadwaj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

how about connection in DBCO tcode?

Is it pointing to right database?

Regards,

Prithviraj.

luisdarui
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Bharadwaj,

Since you have done a hard copy of the other server, your profiles are still pointing to the production database. You would have to review all profiles, RFCs, etc that might be pointing to the production server hostname.

Note that so far SAP supports only the System Copy procedure and do not support hard copies and so far have no documentation for this.

We are also not even talking about Oracle, I don't see this database working properly after a hard copy and hostname change in this environment.

Regards,

Luis Darui

yakcinar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Rama,

Check DB02 transaction whether system's DB hostname is the production system's hostname.

Regards,

Yuksel AKCINAR