cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Duplicate Check

0 Kudos

Hi ,

We are trying to configure Duplicate check with out Hana in MDG 7.0. based on Material fields Manufacturer part number and Class details. We configured every thing correctly. But still we are unable to get pop up window while creating material.

Regards,

Lakshmi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

henk_verdaasdonk4
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Make sure the ESH index tables are created and up to date (can take some time).

Did you also mark the request type and step as relevant for duplicate check (MDGIMG --> Configure Properties of Change Request Step --> Enhancement and checks per Change Request Step)

Henk

0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply kiran and Henk. I think my question is wrong. Actually the duplicate check will work only for SU type 1. But here the requirement is the duplicate check should work on class + manufacture part number. Class is SU type 3 and Manufacture part number is under SU type 4 attribute. I know duplicate check will not work for SU type 3 and 4s. If it is on SU type 3 how to extend the Abap class. Please help me on this.

henk_verdaasdonk4
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you use the HANA search application there are no restrictions on the entities and attributes you can use. As long as they are related to MATERIAL.

Cheers,

Henk.

0 Kudos

Henk,

But we are not using Hana..

R,

Lakshmi

henk_verdaasdonk4
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Lakshmi,

How do you know duplicate check is not working for entity 3 and 4? It is not in the customizing help. I never used ES for duplicate check. But I did use DQM, HANA and BAS. And in all cases entity 3 and 4 was supported.

ES also supports search on entity 3 and 4. And the standard deliverd match profile contains entities CLASSASGN and VALUATION (next to MATERIAL).

So why would duplicate check not work for Class and Manufacture part number?

Cheers,

Henk.

0 Kudos

Henk,

If ES is helpful to maintain duplicate check for SU types 3 and 4. Please give me steps . So that will double check with my configuration steps. In my project we are not using SAP HANA, DQM and BAS.

Regards,

Lakshmi

henk_verdaasdonk4
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Lakshmi,

Transaction MDGIMG --> Define Search Application

For Search mode ES set up Match Profile:

Data model         MM

Match profil Id. MATCH_MM_MATERIAL

Entity
  type

Attribute

Mandatory

Sequence

CLASSASGN

CLASS

CLASSASGN

CLASSTYPE

MATERIAL

BERGU

MATERIAL

BISMT

MATERIAL

EXTWG

MATERIAL

LABOR

MATERIAL

MATKL

MATERIAL

MBRSH

X

MATERIAL

MEINS

X

MATERIAL

MTART

X

MATERIAL

PRDHA

MATERIAL

TXTMI

X

MARAPURCH

MFRNR

Transaction MDGIMG --> Configure Duplicate check for entity types

Use search mode ES and Match profile as used in previous
step (MATCH_MM_MATERIAL).

Henk

0 Kudos

Henk,

Thanks for the reply. But still I am unable to get pop up box for Duplicate check. If the entity and attribute is under SU type 1 then I am able to get. But if it is SU type 3 I am unable to get pop up for Duplicate check. and also I think if we add the SU type 3 and 4 entities under allocation of entities ( 3rd step under Define search applications) then we can get message for duplicate check too. But in that step we can only assign SU type 1. Do you know how to add SU type 3 and 4 in that step..?

henk_verdaasdonk4
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Under allocation you should only assign entities of type 1. All sub entities (3 and 4) are then also considered by the search. So in this case only MM MATERIAL.

If you use the normal MDG search are you then able to search on Manufacturer number?

Are the ESH indexes up to date? If you use transaciton ESH_SEARCH --> Expert mode --> Search in: Material. Can you then search on Manufacturer number? Same for classification?

Henk.

former_member206605
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Remove the thresh-hold % and then check.

Kiran