Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Universe objects incompatible objects

former_member402770
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

We all know,

A table block cannot contain unmerged dimensions from multiple data providers in the same table block

whereas A table block can contain unmerged dimensions or measure objects from the same query in the same table block.

Can you please suggest a workaround at Universe level?

Below are my report columns:

OrdNum(merged obj)       Plant(merged obj)        Profictr(merged obj)   Amount      Date(unmerged object of universe)

#Datasync                      #Datasync                  #Datasync               #context     #Datasync

OrdNum, Plant, Profitctr are the merged dimensions of both data providers one is universe and other is non-universe. Amount Measure display also from both data providers..

Issue: Unmerged Object of Universe

I am working on an Universe.When i drag few objects I get a message of incompatible objects

When i dragged object of date (Universe) into the table block ie when i try to add a date dimension to a block that includes merged dimensions, i get an “Incompatible object” error after the amount measure object throws #data sync error..

In order to use the data objects that are incompatible, i change the qualification of the object to detail and use it in the report block but still thorws #data sync error..

Appreciate your help..

Thanks,

Dinya.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

amitrathi239
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Are you associating any Merged object as a associate dimension in Detail Variable window?

Amit

former_member402770
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

Thanks for your response:

I created an detail object like below:

Name:   Var Date

Assdim: OrdNum  (this is merged dimension of two datasources(query1 and query2) of type number)

Type  :  Date

Formula:

=[Query2].[Date]

Output:

OrdNum(merged obj)    Plant(merged obj)     Profictr(merged obj)         Amt     Date

2342342                      r442                          12                                435

2345534                      d434                         34                                234     4/23/2012

4324222                      f324                          56                                343

Date value is now displaying but it is displaying only for the matching records of OrdNum(merged obj) , Plant(merged obj), Profictr(merged obj)....Not sure it is correct or not?

Thanks,

Dinya.

amitrathi239
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

drag the  ordernum,plant,profitctr and date objects from query 2 in seprate table.

compare the date record values of this table with your final output table.

If one date reocrd is available in the second query against of ordernum,plant and profit center then one record wil come in the final output.

Amit

Answers (0)