Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

migrate quantity from BOM to PP Order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have one scenario , If Quantity of components are changed in BOM then these changed quantity should migrate in Production Order Component Quantity. How can i do this , any suggestions ?

Thanks,

Anand

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

It will not come automatically if the order is created before changing the BOM.

For updating the qty in production order which is already created open that production order in CO02 and go to-->function--->Read PP master Data.

Then your new BOM will be migrated.

Hope this will Help....

8 REPLIES 8

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

It will not come automatically if the order is created before changing the BOM.

For updating the qty in production order which is already created open that production order in CO02 and go to-->function--->Read PP master Data.

Then your new BOM will be migrated.

Hope this will Help....

0 Kudos

Hi Satle,

Thankyou for reply. I will check and let you know .

Thanks,

Timon.

0 Kudos

Hi Satle

I checked but it is not taking any effect . Component quantity remain same . it is not coming through BOM component quantity.

Thanks for help.

0 Kudos

Hi

Please check your BOM explosion date in Production order and BOM change date .may be you are looking in back date entry.

Thanks,

Mahipalsinh

0 Kudos

HII TIMON..

Can you please share a screen shot of co02.

For which you are updating the component qty....

0 Kudos

0 Kudos

Dear Timon,

You need to check if  there are multiple BoMs active on the particular date of BoM explosion.

If that is the case, you need to change the BoM validity dates.

Once there is only one BoM is valid on a particular date, the new BoM will be read and incorporated into the order.

after that you can rerun MRP for the main material (FG, i presume) and all the dependent requirements will be generated.

Regards,

Sreedath

Thanks Sreedath,

Now i am doing it trough BDC.

Thanks all for support .