Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Field Level approval

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

We have field level approval requirement like

Suppose for vender Master there is some 240 fields which classified as Sensitive fields (May be 15) and remaing as Non-sensitive fields.

For creation there is no porblem and it goes to 2 level approval process.

But for change we need if changes made from sensitive fields we need approval but not for non sensitive. It goes directly for activation.

I know we add addfield in BRF Plus application but it is OK to add one/two fields not 15 fields.

If I maintained Z table for that 15 fields with workflow step number along with mulitple company codes how can I use it in BRF Plus workflow for approval purpose?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Create only a single field (flag) in BRF+ called "Sensitive Field Changed". In the user-exit, set this field to 'X' if one of those 15 fields changed and to space if none of them changed. Then, in your BRF+ table, route the workflow to activation if the value is space and to approval if the value is 'X'.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abdullah

Thanks for solution! Great help.

I need one more favour. Is it possible to give me detailed step by step procedure or any ready made document to achive this. I am functional consultant so not sure about user exit.

Do you mean I need to create Z table with 15 fields and use this table in user exit to check flag is there or not?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Use this document:

Instead of passing the actual value of the field, check all 15 fields and then pass the value of the flag field.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abdullah

Regarding this document having some questions

1. Is it mandetory to defined new custom change request type (Can we used SAP delivered one?)
  2. If I added DDIC field FLAG which is of Boolean type in user decesion table but I am still not clear how system dervies value should be taken as X if one of 15 filds are changed?
Former Member
0 Kudos

No, you don't need a new CR type. You can do it with existing CR types.

To derive the value of the flag, you will need to implement a BAdI as described in the document. The difference is that instead of passing a field's value to the BRF+ context, you will read a whole bunch of fields and see if any of them is a sensitive field then set the value in the flag field accordingly.

Answers (0)