Sysam problem - started after disk ran out of space PB 12.5.1
PB was working fine all morning. I got a notification that i ran out of disk space. so i cleared out space to get 4 GB back (standard disk clean up tool with option to clear out the system files too)
Starting PB I now get:
Failed to initialize SySAM licensing.
PowerBuilder is shutting down.
A mandatory property is missing.
Anyone know how to fix this? I don't even get a chance to try to reapply the license.
It does say that you should turn logging ON. I did that.
in the log is has:
2015/09/16 22:05:27 Checked out license for 1 PowerBuilder (2010.12250/permanent/.....
then it has:
PB-SyLAPI Heartbeat Thread - terminated
2015/09/16 22:05:28 Checked in license for 1 PowerBuilder (2010.12250/permanent/...).
Chris Pollach replied
What I would suggest is
a) Try this first ...
- Locate pb125_sysam.properties in C:\Users\yourusername\AppData\Local\Sybase\PowerBuilder 12.5
- Right click on the file and select "Properties".
- Click on the "Previous Versions" tab. Wait a bit until the File Versions box is populated.
- Select a version from a restore point when you knew PB to be working OK and then click the RESTORE button.
- PB should start normally
b) Try this second ...
- Your pb125_sysam.properties file (in C:\Users\xxxx\AppData\Local\Sybase\PowerBuilder 12.5) might be corrupted...
- Try to replace it with the one from C:\Program Files (x86)\Sybase\PowerBuilder 12.5
Regards ... Chris