cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to Launch Webi

0 Kudos

Greetings,

I am attempting to Launch Webi via BI Launchpad (BI Platform 4.1 Support Pack 4).

From the Home screen I attempt to launch Webi, but I get the following unknown file type message:

“Do you want to save this file or find a Program to open it? ZHVtbXIOYW1I.zabo_wi”

I am running Windows 7 and have tried both IE and Chrome. I am the only one on my team having this problem. I am not sure what needs to be added to my workstation to make Webi work for me. Any suggestions (vs. just having my workstation re-imaged)?

Many Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dave,

Do you have Web intelligence rich client tool installed on your desktop. If no, please install it.

As you re-imaged window that client must have uninstalled, so you need to install it again.

Regards,

Rajshree

0 Kudos

Many Thanks. I used to have the Rich client tools installed and I'll bet that is where this problem came from. I will request that it be re-installed

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member222510
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Dave,

If you don't have Web Intelligence Rich Client installed on your client machine, you can also perform the following changes as a workaround:

1. In BI launchpad click on "Preferences".
  2. On the left side select "Web Intelligence".
  3. Change Modify to "Applet".

However, re-installing Web Intelligence Rich Client should also resolve the issue, as Rajshree mentioned.

Please see the Web Intelligence Rich Client Installation Guide for further information:
https://websmp201.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/012002523100008808002015E/sbo41sp6_wrc_install_en.pdf

Regards,

Bence

0 Kudos

Thanks. I didn't find an "applet" setting but you helped me to understand that the configuration was still looking for the rich client (which I used to have but was uninstalled). Under the Modify section mine was still configured for the "Desktop" (Rich Client). Once I modified this to HTML, Webi began to work normally again.  Many Thanks!!!