cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Duplicate record SQL error upon calling control parameter standard method

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am receiving the below error when updating control parameter table using the method: i_eai-eh_model->update_control_params.

500 SAP Internal Server Error

ERROR: Open SQL array insert produces duplicate records in the database. (termination: RABAX_STATE)

Upon debugging the standard program, the SEQ number is not being updated therefore leading to this error. Can anyone suggest of other standard methods to use?

Regards,

Melvin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Melvin,

Is this happening on Control parameters update?

I think this should happen when sequence number mismatch sequence no between /SAPTRX/EH_HDR and /SAPTRX/EH_STHST.

Check this discussion.

Runtime Error : DBSQL_DUPLICATE_KEY_ERROR | SCN

Can you tell us how your are updating control parameter like custom activity or method or using standard activity or method in ruleset.

Regards

GGOPII

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi GGOPII,

I am updating this via FM in the background of WEB Ui.

Regards,

Melvin

former_member186607
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Melvin,

in general, updating EH data shall only be done via rule set activities using the provided standard methods. Otherwise you have the risk of introducing data inconsistencies which can then cause the duplicate key short dumps.

Best regards, Daniel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Melvin,

Remove i_eai-eh_model->update_control_params from where ever you are using it. Just use PARAMETER_CHANGE_NEW activity in your ruleset.

Thanks,

Vishnu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Melvin,

Can you walk through process steps so that we can give you right solution?

As suggested by Vishnu and Daniel, why don't you use ruleset activity to update control parameters.

Regards

GGOPII

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Melvin,

From where are you calling this method? Ruleset with custom activity? If from ruleset, use the activity PARAMETER_CHANGE_NEW.

Also, are you building sequence numbers explicitly?

Let me know how you build your parameters and from where and how are you trying to updating the parameters.

Thanks,

Vishnu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vishnu,

I am updating this via FM in the background of WEB Ui.

Regards,

Melvin