cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP XI - PC/Laptop Specification

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am working on XI (PI 7.0) at a client site, and have been given a piece of %hit laptop to work with!

Poor spec - Pentium 1.73 M, 512 mb... It was a "fresh build" with very little running on it.

I was using my own laptop - core duo 2 ghz and 2gb ram, which worked really well, but breached the companies policy, so I have to use theirs!

I am doing lots of HR/PY mapping and the idocs are so huge it is taking upto 30 minutes to save and just as long to activate.

Is there a baseline specification recommended by SAP?

I would like to point this document to the "Helpdesk" to prove the point!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I don't know of any official document but the consultants that I know who work for SAP itself have all 2gb on their laptop.

The minimum for XI is 1gb. less is a pain in the as*.

The memory is more important then the cpu.

1.73 is fast enough but 512mb is a big laugh.

With 512mb open only repository or directory but never both and keep all other progs closed.

Good luck,

Steven

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your response Steven.

I could see the Processor was running around 25% but the Page file/memory was running over 85%... Not good!

Now I have to wait a week to get a response from the automated helpdesk!!!!

henrique_pinto
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The memory request is not exactly from XI but from J2EE itself. Most of java applications won't consume a lot of processing but will be really memory-consuming (kinda the opposite of old procedural C applications, since they were more memory-optimized ).

Regards,

Henrique.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Indeed, the integration builder is a fat client written in java that is running on your local machine.

The fact is how longer you are working in the IB how more memory it starts consuming.

A tip: if your system is becoming slower and starts to consume alot of memory. close down the IB and all the memory will be released.

when you reopen the IB it will be using less memory again, so no need to reboot you local machine.

Regards,

Steven

Answers (0)