cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Predictive Analytics install R

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hallo,

i have install SAP Predictive Analytics and registrated with a Productkey. I went to Expert Analytics and choose File->install and configurate R, agree the licens and wait for 4 hours that PA install R. Is it normal ?

best regards

Gökhan Bahadir

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

For R configuration with SAP PA it shouldn't take 4 hours.. Which version of PA are you using?

Below are few threads which can help you with SAP PA and R integration:-

Hope it helps.

Regards

Ranajay

Former Member
0 Kudos

i using the version Predictive Analytics 2.3. You have write in Re: Unable to install R in Predictive Analytics 2.3

that we ensure to insalled JDK, which Version should I have on my PC?

0 Kudos

Hi Daniele,

Please use Java 1.7

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Ronan

achab
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

in addition to these links, one should also refer to our user guide, pages 16 and 17

http://help.sap.com/businessobject/product_guides/pa23/en/pa23_expert_user_en.pdf

See the two relevant screenshots

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hallo Friends,

i have now insall on my PC R 3.1.2 and the packages which in Re: Unable to install R in Predictive Analytics 2.3 . in the folder library from R. After then i went to Expert Analytics File ->install and configuration R -> configuration R -> set the checkbox for activate the Open Source Algorithms -> and push the button configuration.

When I want to start now the Algorithm R-CNR-Tree on a Dataset then comes a warning who called:

R-CNR Tree:Error executing commands in the R environment....

I have install the package "nloptr" in R and try it again and the warning comes also but with a other package.... I have done this 10 times and every time comes this warning with a other package.

How many packages I need to install for use the algorithm R-CNR-Tree?

Best regards

achab
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Daniele,

Can you please share your document (.lums)? Your latest Tracelog file from C:\Users\<your Windows user>\AppData\Local\Temp\sappa\logs is also welcome. You might need to rename the two files to be able to attach to the SCN post.

For me this works by following closely the instructions given by and here:

and there:

Can you go once again through the process:

1. Uninstall R

2. Download it

3. Install it to C:\Users\Public\R-3.1.2

4. Download using R the additional packages listed by and

5. Install these packages - from the location where they have been downloaded as zip files

6. Point Expert Analytics to the folder C:\Users\Public\R-3.1.2

7. Re-try your workflow. If this does not work share the .lums & the tracelog file as described before.

Good luck,

Cheers

Antoine

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

i have done all the offers but the problem is not resolved.

I`ve notized when I intsall the packages in R and try library(rJava) in the R-Console then comes a warning who called "Package rJava was created under R version 3.1.3" but I have installed the version 3.1.2. Could that be the problem ?

I cant sent the Document (.Lims) because the content of this attachment is not allowed here.

achab
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Daniele ,

I had the same message as yours

"Package rJava was created under R version 3.1.3"

To attach the .lums file, please rename it with a different extension that is allowed.

Thanks & regards

Antoine

Former Member
0 Kudos

That versioning based warning of (rJava) is not an issue thats for sure. Can you please share the screenshot as in When you configure and click on install R in SAP PA expert mode, what exact error message pops out?

achab
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

, see above, the message pops-up when running the R algorithm.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Antoine, I meant when in the below screen, Install R gets clicked, does the installation occurs successfully, or some error some pops up?

achab
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Daniele took the route "install R outside of PA". Me too.

For me this worked.

Daniele cannot run a given R algorithm on a given dataset.

I am trying to understand what is the reason for Daniele's problem.

None of us is using the "install R inside PA" route, as the download screen is running forever.

Best regards

Antoine

Former Member
0 Kudos

I faced such problem once, when I was trying to configure R inside SAP PA Expert Mode. Then I went for external R installation and configuration. I did the same, installed all the packages in R Gui console. Then to reflect the installation of R packages which was done externally in R environment inside SAP PA Expert Mode, I had to Configure the SAP PA again . See below snapshot from my blog

In the Configuration tab change the default path to the path where you have installed your R gui and then go to installation tab and click on Install R option. Restart the tool after this and rerun the model.

Hope it helps.

achab
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Thanks but Daniele went through these steps already, as they were recommended by Ronan here:

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did Daniele change the Configuration tab  default path to the path where R gui installed correctly? And if it was configured and installed correctly, did a message appeared saying it has been done successfully?

Because sometimes if a message saying successful don't come, in such cases the R doesn't get configured properly, though you might see the R alogrithms inside SAP PA environment but when you use those algorithms the junk error message keep coming.

achab
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

Are you affirmative that this step is needed? As I did not perform it - only took the steps to install R outside of PA, then pointed PA to the right folder (via Configuration tab) and this is working for me.

Best regards

Antoine

Former Member
0 Kudos

Actually I did do the install thing again via Installation tab, after pointing PA to the right folder (via Configuration tab).  I would say, give it a try.. There is no harm you see, anyways error hasn't been resolved.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hallo Ranajay,

1)I have installed R in the Folder "C:\Users\Public\R-3.1.2" with all the packages in the Folder "C:\Users\Public\R-3.1.2\library". When I went to the SAP PA Expert Mode, change the configuration path to "C:\Users\Public\R-3.1.2" and go back to the installation Tab and push the Button installed then comes a Pop-Up message "R packages for 3.1.2 are installed". But yesterday I waited an hour and then canceled.

How long does it usually installed all the packages?

I have Installed the Packages (rJava,RODBC,RJDBC,DBI,monmlp,AMORE,pmml,XML,arules,caret,reshape,plyr,foreach,iterators)

2)When I Install R and all the packages and then went to configuration and change the Path and push the Button Ok and go direkt to the Dataset and try to run the Algorithm R-CNR Tree then comes a Warning who called "Error executing commands in the R environment"

3) When I try to install R inside the Expert Mode then I wait for a long Time

I have Insalled a Desktor Version(64) from SAP PA on my Laptop with Windows 64, should I pay attention when I installed it?

Best regards

achab
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Daniele

I was able to execute the algorithm in your lums with success. We are back to a R configuration problem, I would assume. Can you please confirm you did step 5 as I described above?

5. Install these packages - from the location where they have been downloaded as zip files

If this is not working and you are a customer, I would suggest you create a support ticket to move this forward.

Thanks & regards

Antoine

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Daniele

The below step which you have mentioned try do it again without cancelling, it should not take an hour in my opinion,

1)I have installed R in the Folder "C:\Users\Public\R-3.1.2" with all the packages in the Folder "C:\Users\Public\R-3.1.2\library". When I went to the SAP PA Expert Mode, change the configuration path to "C:\Users\Public\R-3.1.2" and go back to the installation Tab and push the Button installed then comes a Pop-Up message "R packages for 3.1.2 are installed". But yesterday I waited an hour and then canceled.

If the above step is taking time, then cancel it, restart the tool. Go to configuration tab and change that default path to C:\Users\[Username]\.sappa and then click Install. Restart the tool, give it a try.

Still if the error persist, then as Antoine said, raise a ticket.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Antoine,

i have try 2 diffrent ways to install the packages

1) with the command

install.packages("rJava", dependencies=T, lib="C:/Users/Public/R-3.1.2/library")

install.packages("RODBC", dependencies=T, lib="C:/Users/Public/R-3.1.2/library")

install.packages("RJDBC", dependencies=T, lib="C:/Users/Public/R-3.1.2/library")

install.packages("DBI", dependencies=T, lib="C:/Users/Public/R-3.1.2/library")

install.packages("monmlp", dependencies=T, lib="C:/Users/Public/R-3.1.2/library")

install.packages("AMORE", dependencies=T, lib="C:/Users/Public/R-3.1.2/library")

install.packages("pmml", dependencies=T, lib="C:/Users/Public/R-3.1.2/library")

install.packages("XML", dependencies=T, lib="C:/Users/Public/R-3.1.2/library")

install.packages("arules", dependencies=T, lib="C:/Users/Public/R-3.1.2/library")

install.packages("caret", dependencies=T, lib="C:/Users/Public/R-3.1.2/library")

install.packages("reshape", dependencies=T, lib="C:/Users/Public/R-3.1.2/library")

install.packages("plyr", dependencies=T, lib="C:/Users/Public/R-3.1.2/library")

install.packages("foreach", dependencies=T, lib="C:/Users/Public/R-3.1.2/library")

install.packages("iterators", dependencies=T, lib="C:/Users/Public/R-3.1.2/library")

in the R-Console (64)

2) I went in the R-Console to Packages ->install Packages and choose the packages who I need.

I have zip the packages and take the normal folders in "C:\Users\Public\R-3.1.2\library"

Is it wrong?

Best regards

achab
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

When you took route 1) above, did you specifically went to the Packages menu in the R console and select the command Install Packages from local Zip files?

Also the list of packages that I have in my folder is more than yours, not sure why. The R install I used is this one: https://cran.r-project.org/bin/windows/base/old/3.1.2/R-3.1.2-win.exe

Best regards

Antoine

Former Member
0 Kudos

OK Guys it works, I have install all the other packages wich do you have in your Folder Antoine.

Thanks for your Supports

You are best

achab
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Daniele that's great news 🙂 !

If you agree with them, here are the next challenges :

• craft a beautiful blog on your experience combining Expert Analytics + R.
  • try out our Automated Analytics algorithms on data of your choice and tell us more about that in the SCN.

Cheers,

Antoine

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have change the configuration Path to C:\Users\[Username]\.sappa push Ok -> went to the Installation Tab and click install and it appear the Pop-Up Window who called "R packages for 3.1.2 are installed" again. I `ve been waiting for 20 minutes, should I cancel it?

Best regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

If possible please wait for 5-10 mins, after that if it doesn't work raise support ticket to SAP

achab
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

No this is not normal. Please refer to the workaround provided by Ronan here: and see if that helps.

Can you please clarify the version of SAP Predictive Analytics you are using?

Thanks & regards

Antoine