cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error during the setup of the SAP ME ODS Feature

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would like to setup the SAP ME ODS Feature and try to run the script ODSGenealogyETL.ksh manually. It responds with error messages: ODSGenealogyETL.ksh[41]: CLIENT_CLASSPATH: not found [No such file or directory].

Also the script Xchange.ksh has the same problem.

Do I have to run a script to set my properties or what is my problem?

I am using SAP ME on a Linux server version: Base 6.0.4.32 Counter 2 Build ID 165826

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

sergiy_katerinich
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi!

ODSGenealogyETL script (and others too) calls ClientEnvironment script which defines CLIENT_CLASSPATH.

CLIENT_CLASSPATH includes paths to the JAR files under /lib folder. So, you either do not have that folder or do not have access permissions.

You can include ECHO commands into the script to see which value is actually set to CLIENT_CLASSPATH and then check the existence of the path and permissions.

Regards,

Sergiy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sergiy,

Than you for your help. I put an echo in the script to show the path contents and indeed it points to the lib folder which contains all the jar files needed. But there is also a statement in the CLIEN_CLASSPATH /usr/sap/ME1/SAPME/Clients/lib/ext/*.jar where we dont have the /usr/sap/ME1/SAPME/Clients/lib/ext

Do i need this one or do i have to install additional software?

Regards,

John

sergiy_katerinich
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I do not have /ext folder under /SAPME/Clients/lib folder either. This is OK.

Please additionally check SAP Note 1555790 (which implies that /lib folder should not contain "ME.*-6.0.4.??.JAR" files of previous versions of SAP ME but only of the current one) and 1901392.

sergiy_katerinich
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In fact, the script should not go into /ext folder if you are using a standard installation. It should check if such folder exists, and if not, then just skip it.

andrew_hopwood
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi John,

It seems your ksh scripts are corrupt for some installation related reason: you should not have any lines starting wih "CLIENT_CLASSPATH". The scripts look okay for me in the installer for ME 6.0.4.38 so I recommend you try installing again using the latest patch. In case the problem still exists then submit a ticket.

Regards,

Andrew.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you all for your help! The solution on this topic is to follow the steps as described in SAP Note 1901392. This is nessecary after installing or upgrading to 6.0.4.x

Regards,

John