cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Passign values to nested prompts via opendoc url

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have to open the report from my application using open doc url.

And at the same time I need to pass the value for one of the parameter in the target report where as the remaining parameters has to be given by the user at run time.

For this I am sending the 1st parameter value from application at run and used the option of passing "?" for all the remaining parameters for which user need to pass the values .

this is working fine if I have multiple parameters.

But this is not working when I have nested parameters

Ex:

Parameter1 is: Location

Parameter2 is: Company Name

Parameter3 is: Employee Name

Here am passing the Parameter1 "Lcoation" from the application

But by Company Name and Employee Name list of values has to be populated dynamically based on the Location which is passed

In normal case where there is no nested prompt the working opendoc url is http://localhost:8080/BOE/OpenDocument/opendoc/openDocument.jsp?iDocID=Ac.zgijudzdKt5iylth9Kio&sIDTy...<toeknid>&lsSLocation=Hyderabad$LsSCompany+Name=?&lsSEmployee+Name=? this is taking Hyderabad as the location prompt value and asking only company name and employee name where is in the nested prompt case It is asking the Company Name under that Location (as inner prompt), Employee Name under that Location as inner prompt. Can I avoid asking the Location prompt multiple times? Let me know if you need any more info Thanks, Divya

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harsha,

I have only one prompt client_id that is at the manage access restrictions row level restrictions.

And we have remaining parameters at the table level say Display latest data, Latest snapshot data etc

So in this case the webi is behaving like, it is taking client_id as the main parameter and it is passing this parameter as input to the remaining parameters to retrieve the list of values.

Nothing but it is creating nested prompt internally.

If you create report on top of this table with this table level parameters, access restrictions then the prompt page is coming as shown in above screenshot.

When we hyperlink this report from another report then it is showing only main parameters i.e. client_id(which access restriction level prompt), Display latest data, Latest snapshot data etc

and if we pass client_id then it is passing to the main parameter but not to the sub/nested parameters.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Divya,

can you provide screenshots for the issue

-Sri Harsha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harsha,

Basically am passing client id from via open doc url. But the report query is based on some derived table which contains some prompts.

So if i drag any other object from that derived table in to the query filter then it should show the list of values based on client id which i passed, but here it is asking the prompt again rather than taking it from the opendoc.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Divya,

The Prompt text should be same in the open doc url as the prompt text that was created in the derived table.

Validate both the texts and if its different,use the same text as in derived table prompt in the open doc url.

For example, if the prompt text in derived table is "Client_ID" then in open doc url you need to enter as &lsSClient_ID="Hyderabad"

-Sri Harsha