cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Design studio does not support delegated measures. Can we have a workaround for using delegated objects required for average and percentage calculation?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

We are using Design Studio1.5 and it does not support delegated measures as written in it's guide.

The requirements are to use smart/delegated measures on the crosstab which fetches percentage and averages directly from the universe. The crosstabs on the DS does not allow us to do calculations based on numerator and denominator to show data dynamically.

We have got some suggestions to use SAP BO Analysis Office 2.1. The suggestion is to create a calculated column on the excel based on the numerator and denominator for percenatges(which we can get from the universe) and then importing that crosstab back to design studio.

We are not sure whether that will actually work.

I need some suggestions on how we can solve this issue.

Our Stack:

SAP BI 4.1 SP5

Design Studio 1.5

Teradata 13

SAP BO Analysis Office 2.1

Thanks,

Himanshu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi - I am not sure I follow the suggestion to use Analysis Office because I don't think that will support a Teradata / universe data source.  Its datasources are BW/HANA

Have you looked at this thread:

Is there an option to do these calculations back on the universe?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Tammy for the quick response.

Yes we can not use analysis office here. I am following the suggested page but unfortunately not able to find a ny solution yet.

Do you suggest any workaround?

Thanks,

Himanshu

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Himanshu - is it possible to create those calculations back in the universe and then display them in Design Studio?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tammy,

Actually calculations are performed on the universe itself with the data directly coming as numerator and denominator from database. The percentages are calculated with the measures definitions as { (numerator/denominator)*100 } and type as delegated.

Then the issue arises: these measures do not represent data on the crosstab (it shows NOT_EXIST).

//BR

Himanshu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Adding to the above comment :

This works perfectly fine on webi reports but it has that type of behavior (NOT_EXIST) in design studio.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Himanshu - one suggestion is to look at using the APOS add-on - it will use Web Intelligence reports as a datasource to Design Studio - that might be a work around.

See

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Tammy. Need to explore that.

Answers (0)