cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ODBC Problem

0 Kudos

Hello all,

I am facing error while making a data foundation from multi source connection.

I have published two connections on server having 32 bit ms office and make 32 bit ODBC of server with same name.

Now first I make Data Foundation Laye and it gives error of an ODBC mismatch between driver and application.

Then I installed 64 bit ms access drivers on server and make 64 bit odbc connection.

But then I got an error: "Owners not available".

I searched on net for this error. I learned that you can assign owner parameter from ( Right click on table in data foundation layer and set the name).

But , The problem is that connection is not successful so, no tables are fetched in Data Foundation Layer.

Any help will be appreciated.Thank You.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Hi Devanshi,

I had same issue and I solved by creating same connection(with same name) on server with both 32 and 64-bit connections (with exactly same name).

I hope this will help you.

Best Regards,

Pushkar Dhale

0 Kudos

Hi Pushkar,

I have made 32 bit and 64 bit ODBC as System DSN for mc1 on server.

Where I am getting an error "Owners not available".

And for mc2 only 32 bit connection on server.

Where I am getting an error "Architecture mismatch".

former_member219634
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Devanshi

Could you check behavior for MC1 connection using data foundation based on one single source then let me know?

Best Regards

Ines

0 Kudos

Hi, BEN.

I have created new universe with single connection. No error while publishing Business Layer.

But then problem in refreshing WEBI report created based on that universe.

In server the local report is getting refreshed successfully.

But after publishing to CMC and while refreshing from CMC , This error occurred.

former_member219634
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Devanshi

Be sure to use the correct ODBC Administrator tool. On 32-bit and 64-bit Windows, the default ODBC Administrator tool is in c:\Windows\System32\odbcad32.exe. However, on a 64-bit Windows machine, the default is the 64-bit version. If the 32-bit ODBC Administrator tool is needed on a 64-bit Windows system, run the one found here: C:\Windows\SysWOW64\odbcad32.exe

If your application is running as a service on Windows ( eg: Microsoft Internet Information Server IIS ), create a SYSTEM (instead of a USER) ODBC data source name so that the data source is available for all users on the system.

When running on x64 windows machines, make sure to install and configure a 32-bit driver when using 32-bit applications, and a a 64-bit driver when using 64-bit applications.

The 32-bit version of the ODBC administrator tool (odbcad32.exe) file is located in the %systemdrive%\Windows\SysWoW64 folder.

The 64-bit version of the ODBC administrator tool (also named odbcad32.exe) file is located in the %systemdrive%\Windows\System32 folder.

Please check hese links for more details :

Data source name not found and no default driver specified - Dev Articles

Progress KB - "Data source name not found and no default driver specified" error on connec...

Best Regards

Ines

0 Kudos

Hi BEN,

Thank you for the reply.

I have developed report in 64 bit windows server.

But ODBC and MS Office are of 32 bit.

Now The problem of odbc using single connection has been resolved.

32 bit and 64 bit AccessDatabaseEngine  does not coexist.

So I uninstall 64 bit Access drivers, then make WebI report and save it on Enterprise.

Then Install 64 bit Access driver again.

I know this is temporary and not one time solution. As every time when I need to make changes in 32 bit Access Engine, It gives me " Unable to download odbcji32.dll" error. And I can't do anything until I uninstall 64 bit driver.

But the main problem of multi source connection in Data Foundation Layer still exists.