Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to print Chinese in bold with ADS service

Nancy
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

I designed a xdp with Adobe LiveCycle Designer. It uses the font AdobeHeitiStd-Regular. But the Bold option is disabled for this font. When Chinese characters are printed, they don't seem to be bold enough although a little bolder than the font Adobe Song Std L.

Could anyone help how to print Chinese in bold?

Here is some background:

ME is an application installed on Netweaver Java. It utilizes NW ADS service to print documents in front end. ME uses an xdp file to determine the document format. The xdp file is designed by Adobe Lifecyle Designer. 

Methods I've tried:

Note 1968565 - IFbA: How to use a rasterized font on a ZPL output

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Nancy
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Issue resolved by following note 1968565 - IFbA: How to use a rasterized font on a ZPL output

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Nancy

Probably you need to install an additional Bold font, a something named like AdobeHeitiStd-Bold.

Regards,

Andrey

Nancy
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Andrey,

Thank for the suggestion. But where can I download it? I can only find the font AdobeHeitiStd-Regular.

Best regrds,

Nancy

suneel_uggina
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Nancy,

Please refer the below link.

SAP Adobe Print forms - Issue with Chinese char... | Adobe Community

Hope it will help you..

Regards,

Suneel.Uggina.

Nancy
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Suneel,

Thanks for looking into it.

The post suggested to use the font AdobeHeitiStd-Regular. I already tried that, but it doesn't have the bold option. The characters are still not bold enough.

Best regards,

Nancy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nancy,

We are printing all our Chinese output using font-substitution from our standard font Myriad Pro to "Kozuka Mincho Pro-VI M_*_*" and for unicodeRange U+003040-00309F to "Kozuka Gothic Pro-VI M_*_*"

This seems to render nice for our Chinese collegues.

you could try this and check if it helps.

regards

Sven