cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fixed Term Deposit block for posting and stop further process

0 Kudos

Hi,

Some of our fixed term deposit business will  migrate from SAP to New system (Summit) on cut over day, so I want block certain unfinished transaction in sap for further G/L posting,stop any further afterwards process, and keep some others product type remain process with no change? do you have any idea?

Any ideas of block TBB1 and TBB4 for unfinished transaction of certain product type (101,102,105,106...), and keep product type  (103,104) business as usual?

Any ideas of block FWAB and FWPA,FWAA  with certain bonds unfinished transction with product type (301,303),and keep bonds transction with product type (302,304,305)as usual?

one way may be available is through OBBH to block FI posting, but  it not work for FWAA amortization.

Appreciate any inputs - thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

grigoriy_babitskiy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello ,

It's better to use tr. SA38 -> RFTR_MIGRATION_EXCLUDE_OTC

This programm sets status "6 Old Transaction - No Editing Possible" to selected transactions - so it will be not possible to do any operations with the transactions.

Next time you try to edit your transaction you'll get an information:

In View mode you can find status "6 Old Transaction - No Editing P" on Status tab.

Also no TBB1, TPM1 etc is not possible.

By the time you want to edit your transactions, it will be possible to reactivate the initial status "0 Active".

Limitations: With this report you can't select securities, futures, forwards and listed options.

0 Kudos

Hi Grigoriy,

Pretty nifty. This is just what i want.

But My sap version is SAP 4.7,No ECC6. I'm not find program RFTR_MIGRATION_EXCLUDE_OTC via sa38/se38 in 4.7 version, I find it on the ECC6 version.

Do you have some other idea ?

Roger

former_member198450
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Grigoriy,

Thank you very much, Its really valuable information.

I have tried to test same in my sandbox which is ECC6 EHP: 3 I can see the program but when i execute my transaction its not showing any results.

Is there any setting which is requried before we execute this program?

Regards,

Jain

grigoriy_babitskiy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It's a pitty to disapoint you, but there is no RFTR_MIGRATION_EXCLUDE_OTC in 4.6 and also there is no status "6 Old Transaction - No Editing P" in field VTBFHA-SAKTIV (domain T_SAKTIV)

Another possibility - user status scheme. But i also was not possible to find it in 4.6.

The last possibility i found in 4.6 - Authorization groups (tab "Administration")

IMG -> Treasury -> Treasury Management -> Basic Functions -> Authorization Management -> Define Authorization Group for Transactions (tr. SM30 -> V_TRBRG)

Example from tr. PFCG -> Role SAP_TRM_DEALER

Possible restrictions:

grigoriy_babitskiy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Jain,

As to RFTR_MIGRATION_EXCLUDE_OTC programm, i didn't meet any configuration transaction for this programm.

I tried to read code of it - it's very easy:

1. Select transactions (everything exept securities, futures, forwards and listed options)

2. Block selected transactions

3. If vtbfha-saktive = '0' then change to '6' and vice versa.

4. Unblock transactions.

So if this transaction is not working for you:

1. Play with selection parameters (especially "Key Date" field)

2. Try to look for notes - there are couples of them.

0 Kudos

Hi,Grigoriy,

thanks.But i doubt it will work  on my my case ( Block on certain production type or transction which will be offline).

Do you know any user exit can be used? then i can force field 'VTBFHA-SAKTIV' to non-active  by code.

Till now,your suggestion maybe only way to go forward.

grigoriy_babitskiy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What are your doubts about authorization groups?

There is no user-exit to update VTBFHA_SAKTIV.

You can write your own programm in order to update this field. The same process is used in programm RFTR_MIGRATION_EXCLUDE_OTC. But i do not recommend to do it - especially because of the absence of status "6" in 4.6 version. All other statuses can cause you problems.

What you can do else:

• Use badi TPM_ACCIF_TRAC, method ACCIT_EXIT: check if IM_DATA-PRODUCT_TYPE fits you need to block product types from postings and then use function module TB_POSTING_MESSAGE_STORE to issue an error with type E - "Specific product types (51A, etc) are blocked for posting". This error will appear in the log for used transactions (TBB1, TPM1, etc) and will stop from posting product types you need.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Roger,

You can check the node, Exclude product type from posting in Account Determination. That will block the particular product type from posting.

Regards,

Nikhil

former_member566828
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Roger,

I would say if G/L accounts you are posting to for:

• Product types to be 'freezed' (101,102,105,106...)
  • Product types to be continued as usual (103,104)

are not overlapping (meaning they are different), then I would simply suggest to block these accounts for posting in FI.

hope this will help you.

Kind regards,

Renatas

former_member198450
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Roger,

I would recommend to block all the Product at business partner level. We can also make the changes in flow type relevant for posting but still that will restrict for all the product in money market.

Hope this help.

Regards,

Jain