cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update purchase requisition quantity for external operation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

Is there any way that system will update purchase requisition quantity according to the confirmation of last operation?

For example

If we have an production order with 300 pieces has two operations (1) Internal operation  (2) external operation

If first operation confirmation is 200 or 400, could the purchase requisition bring out the quantity with 200 or 400.

I always get the purchase requisition quantity equal to order quantity which is not reasonable.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

solomon_macwan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

the system is correct when it is creating a purchase requisition as equal to the production order qty.

it will not change the purchase requision qty automatically. Rather you create purchase orders as per your confirmation of the previous operation. you can maintain the tolerance in the purchase info record.

one question - if the order is 300 qty and you confirm 200, then in the next confirmation are you going to confirm the remaining 100 qty?

one work around could be - you can maintain the conversion of unit of measure in the external processing tab in opearation details. which will change the pr qty.

regards,

Solomon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Soloman

For the question, yes, we are going to confirm the remaining 100 qty. Then we would like to have another pr.

So there is no auto adjustment for  the pr quantity like the adjustment of confirmation quantity according to the confirmation of last operation?

solomon_macwan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

so, basically you need two pr of 200 + 100, instead of 300.

you can achive this by converting PR to PO, what ever qty you required.

In that case you can convert PR to PO of 200 qty and then remaining 100 qty.

in my opinion there is no standard solution available, you can customize it like when you need to create PO it will check the last confirmed qty. but still it is not good solution in my opinion.

or you can give a pop up message when converting a PO would be best idea.

regards,

Solomon