Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error when synchronising data with Active Directory - URGENT

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are currently running on ECC 6, and have a CUA implemented. I am attempting to synch my user data on the CUA with the Active Directory, I'm only updating the SAP database and not writing back to AD.

I have mapped the fields in LDAPMAP, and using the find function through transaction LDAP I'm able to read the data for the relevant fields so the AD user id does have the correct read access to AD

However when I run the RSLDAPSYNC_USER program, the user is created but only the Surname field is populated. Does someone perhaps now what could cause this problem?

Thanks in advance

Sujeet

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would check your mapping. The AD names are case sensitive like sAMAccountName. It sounds like you're communicating because the surname is coming over. Usually LDAP read access is anonymous

7 REPLIES 7

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would check your mapping. The AD names are case sensitive like sAMAccountName. It sounds like you're communicating because the surname is coming over. Usually LDAP read access is anonymous

0 Kudos

Hi David,

Thanks for the reply, but I'm actually using the mapping proposal that is provided for Active Directory. And then chosen the relevant fields that I would like to import.

Could the case sensitive problem still be the issue?

When I use the find function in tcode LDAP, with the same case for an attribute name as in my mapping, I'm still able to read the data.

Thanks again

Sujeet

0 Kudos

I think I know what you're problem may be.. There is a hard limit or 1000 results for a LDAP search against active directory. And I think you're hitting this limit. One way to test is to narrow your search to one small OU with only 10 users in the OU.

This setting can be changed at the controller and is called "MaxValRange". here's a link to more info <a href="http://support.microsoft.com/kb/315071">http://support.microsoft.com/kb/315071</a>

Before you make this change on your domain controller I'd try narrowing the search to a single OU first.

0 Kudos

Similar problem here, the user is created (in the CUA db), but when a field is changed on the ldap/active directory, RSLDAPSYNC_USER does not find any data to sync, and the SAP data is not updated.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

0 Kudos

Sounds like your settings in RSLDAPSYNC_USER need to be changed. I'd check and make sure the settings in "objects that exist both in the directory and the database" is set to "compare time stamp"

0 Kudos

Dave,

Thanks again for the reply, I have managed to sort things out - a combination of error in the case that I was using and an error in the mapping.

I have one other issue, I would like to map to an OU of disabled users, then lock these users on the SAP databse. Do you perhaps know of a way that I could achieve this? RSLDAPSYNC_USER doesn't seem to provide me with the option.

Thanks

Sujeet

0 Kudos

when we wanted to sync a property that didn't exist in Active Directory we used the 'notes' field in AD. What I'd try to do is find out what 'disabled' maps to in SAP and enter that value in the notes field. As an example lets say SAP mapping is 'SAPid_disabled=1' so you'd just enter a '1' in the notes field and sync that. I'm not sure this will work but I don't see why you can't do something like this.