Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Freight Calculation after Billing

former_member209900
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Team,

Understood the different method of freight calculation delivery to billing. But in our business requirement, freight has to be calculated after the billing (or) invoice. Is this possible

Please help me out !!!

Thanks in advance

Regards,

Ganapathi Raman P

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member209900
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Moazzam,

Now, I understood. It's possible with creation of shipment document and shipment cost document.

Also, our business requirement has, freight details could not be posted in to the customer's invoice and will get from separate report for freight details using customized ABAP program

If any other method is available (except creation of shipment document and shipment cost document)  please let us know.

It's very urgent requirement. Please help me !!!

Thanks in advance..

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

You can use the Shipment cost document account assignment settings to post the Freight costs directly to Expense accounts. As required by you Customer accounts will not be touched.

Also in SAP Standard transportation and Shipment is the only way to capture Freight costs after Delivery / Sales Invoices are created. Any other method will be very crude and difficult to track and generate reports. One of the methods already highlighted above is directly posting to GL Accounts.

Thanks,

Jignesh Mehta

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

After creating invoice there is only one way to create, calculate and post freight expense and that is shipment document and shipment cost. Otherwise you can calculate it manually and post directly in FI without using SD.

Thank$

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member209900
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you Moazzam !!!

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

This is not possible without using Transportation documents i.e. shipment document and shipment cost document.

In normal SO>DO>Invoice scenario you must be aware of the fact that when we post SD invoice to accounting, we can't make any change in pricing in invoice.

You need to use shipment documents for this or you can calculate freight manually and post directly in FI without SD involvement. For reporting you can enter freight in SD invoice in text.

Thank$

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
freight has to be calculated after the billing

Where??   In billing

G. Lakshmipathi

former_member209900
Participant
0 Kudos

If possible, please provide the solution in billing. Else, will separate the freight the report.

Please help me out !!!

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Ganapathi Raman P