cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screen Personas 3.0 End User Role to access two flavors for same tcode using url (without switching)

Swetabh
Explorer
0 Kudos

We have created two flavors for same transaction CJ20n. These flavors are used to achieve two different functionalities. We have not assigned any of these flavors as default to user.

Flavor 1

https://server/sap/bc/personas?sap-client=102&sap-language=EN&~transaction=CJ20N&sap-personas-flavor...

Flavor 2

https://server/sap/bc/personas?sap-client=102&sap-language=EN&~transaction=CJ20N&sap-personas-flavor...

The end user will access two flavors separately by clicking on URLs. The user should not be allowed to change the flavor when he is using one. Also he should not be allowed to switch to original screen. Whenever user clicks on a link only that particular Flavor should open for him. 

We tried with several options. If we are giving Runtime activity as 01, 02, 03 then user is able to switch between current opened flavor and Original tcode screen. So we thought of removing 02 and 03.

Below screenshot shows that we just tried by giving runtime activty as "01". But user is getting authorization message "You are not authorized to select flavors" and original screen is displayed.

Please let me know if we are missing something here.  We want end user to use different flavor for same tcode by clicking URL links. He should not be allowed to switch flavors while  he is inside one. Please help us with roles in this case.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

tamas_hoznek
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Simple... assign the flavors to the user as default. When they start the transaction, they will get the flavor applied automatically and they won't have the option to see the Original Screen.

When the flavor is part of the URL, that is considered as selecting a flavor so with authorization 01 this won't work.

Swetabh
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks for reply. So should we give user Runtime Activity as 01 and 02 both?

Also I can only assign one of the flavors as default. But I have multiple flavors for same transaction code. User should not be able to switch between them when he is using one of the flavors. He should only be able to access flavors using URL.

tamas_hoznek
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Yeah, I realized that this will not give the option to use more than one flavor.

The workaround for this is to grant Runtime Activity 02. To avoid seeing the Original Screen, there is an additional URL parameter you'd have to use: sap-personas-hidden=X which will suppress the Personas toolbar and thereby the access to the Original Screen as well.

There is a caveat to this solution though. A savvy user could easily change the URL and remove sap-personas-hidden=X or change the specified flavor ID to 0 which will allow the Personas toolbar or go to the Original Screen, respectively. So this is not a secure method.

However if you open the URL in a browser window or session with no address bar, then this can prevent that and as far as I know this is possible, but the method will not be the same between different browsers.

Swetabh
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks for reply. I am planning to use the solution suggested by you in this case.

Answers (0)