cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to pass the selected table row data from popup to source view

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I have requirement of passing the data from popup view to source. , searching some data in popup view and displaying in table,

Like i am passing some input and click search button will display the data in table, when select any of the row in the table and click on the another button , i should be able to pass the select row to the source view and also should close the popup.

When i implement , In the popup windiw, when i enter the customer no, and click on search button, it is closing the popup itslef. not able to see the data in popup.

Can u tell me what is that soultion.

Regards

Vijay

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vishal

Value Help is a good option. Refer to the following link and see if you can use it in your case....

/people/thomas.jung/blog/2006/05/26/visual-composer-value-help-data-service

Regards

Deepak

Former Member
0 Kudos

You might want to check out the model that is created with the value help wizard. That model does exactly what you need: select values in a popup and transfer them onto the next data service (can be a table).

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

I have written down steps but in this the search button is on the source view not on pop-up

Please check all these steps, if it helps you

1) In the search form, you have a button with custom action as "Search"

2) Form is connected to a pop-up window and the line connectng them has "Search" action on it.

3) In the pop up window, add a start point with "customer_no" field.

4) In the pop-up window, add a button in the toolbar of the output form as "Close" with custom action "CLOSE".

5) Attach this output form to the end point with the fields that you want to pass to source view and make sure the line connecting them has CLOSE action on it.

5) Now navigate back to the source view , click the search action line and assign the pop-up input and output values. Input value is"customer field" and output values are the values you want to pass from pop-up view to source view.

I hope this should solve your problem

Thanks & Regards

Harsimran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harsimran

Thanks for the reply,

1) Source view

In "Source View" i have input field called Customer_no. But, the end user will not have any idea , what customer no to enter. so i am searching the customer no in the popup view.

1) Customer_no( This is an inputfiled , to get the customer no from the popup view)

2) Get Customer NO( This is a button to call the popup view)

"Get Customer NO" This button action will open the popup view.

In this popup, i have

1) Input field (To enter the search term)

2) Search (To seach the customer no based on the search term)

3) Table ( To display the search data)

4) Button in Table tool bar called "Select" .( To close the popup view after selected the required data in the table to pass it back to the source view).

so in the popup view what happening is, when i click on the search button itself , it is closing the popupview by transfering the first row of the tbale ,with out select the required row in the table.

i need to close the window after click on the "Select" button in the toolbar , after selected the required row data to trasfer in the table.

Can u pelase tell me what are the modifcations i need to do it.

Regards

Vijay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Add an end point in popup from the tables output port. Use the select buttons custom action to trigger the end point

Regards,

Sooraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vishal

Please check the action on Search button in pop-up. This should be Custom action "Search".

Secondly the output form should be connected to End point and action defined on it should be the "Select" which is custom action of "Select " button.

I hope it will solve your problem

Note:-Try to change the name of custom action of Select button from select to close, if it doesn't work .

Thanks & Regards

Harsimran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

one more thing:

You need 2 buttons in your popup:

Button 1: search

Button 2: close popup & transfer data.

Only when you click button 2, the endpoint may be reached.

Best Regards, Benni

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the Reply Benni,

I have done all the steps which i have done, but , when i click on the search button itself it is closing the popup and trasfering some data to source, view,

I need to keep the popup window to choose the required record data to pass source view from the table, once selected any row and click on the select button it should close and transfer that selected row to source view. but it is getting closed when i click on the search button itself.

Do i need configure any where in the popup window to transfer selected row data alone to the source view.

Regards

Vijay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay, let me guess: you have a line with an event "select" from the table to the endpoint? As soon as the table is filled, VC does an initial select on the first row. Thus, the end point is reached. As I said: the only way an end point may be reached, is when you click the submit button (button 2).

Otherwise, I have no idea at the moment, why the popup is closed imediately.

Best Regards, Benni

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vishal,

go to you popup,

add a field to the end point,

go to your source view

select the line from the popup.

Assign the field you just created in the "popup output" table.

Best Regards, Benni