Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PO 7.4 NW BPM file acknowledgement

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

we have PO 7.4 SP 5.

I have a requirement of File --> PI --> File --> ACK --> PI --> Proxy

basically I write a file, need to know if it's successfully or not. In both cases of successful or failure, I need to send message to ECC to inform the status.

I could use multi mapping checking "maintain message in order", but this only works in successful scenario. I know we can use alert in the case of failure, but we want to update ECC using interface in case of failure, alert alone is not enough.

So the only option seems to use NW BPM, however as seen in blog http://scn.sap.com/thread/3238777, in PI 7.31, file acknowledgement was missing. I just wonder if any one knows if this feature is available in PO 7.4. I know you might say why not try yourself, the reason is that we don't have Sandbox to try. Though I can still create bunch of test objects in DEV, I prefer not to, if people can get me clear information.

So any one has knowledge of the feature, whether or not "File Acknowledgement" is available in PO 7.4, SP 5?

Or maybe you have other idea to implement this requirement without using NW BPM?

Thanks

Jayson

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Jayson,

You can also raise exceptions from NWBPM for mapping failures and send the file back from NWBPM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rag, can you elaborate?

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Jayson,

You can have a pattern like the one @ below.Exception file can be written incase of errors in mapping

Former Member
0 Kudos

Refer the blog. BPM is the only option for your requirement.

Former Member
0 Kudos

the blog is for ccBPM, not NW BPM.

in PO 7.4 Java only, no more ccBPM.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Agreed. but for sure PO 7.4 dont have the File acknowledgement feature!

This might be helpful -

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've read the blog too, it's too complicated, too much use of Modules, this solution will make maintenance too hard.