cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Workflow number ranges

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are moving our business R/3 to HANA this year. Next year, we plan to merge in our HR client. I am trying to plan ahead of this merge and I see an issue.

Both clients WI_ID start at zero. We never planned to merge, so no one apparently thought to make the number ranges different. We have unique number ranges for WFs, tasks, etc. But not the WI_ID. Just changing the number ranges 'now' won't help because if someone goes to retrieve an archived WF, there will be 2 WFs with same WI_ID.

Solution?

Thanks

Rick

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

ronen_weisz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I don't think this problem should be limited to WF, there should be other areas with matching number ranges how do they intend to handle this?

Overview of SAP Landscape Transformation - SAP Library

Also, these are application tables you intend to marge, there should also be client field in the key, there could possibly be not problem at all, are the client numbers the same?   

Former Member
0 Kudos

I looked at the library. Thanks.

I am sure there will be several places with number range issues and yes, same client number in both. I am quite sure the big brains at SAP will have a solution. Not likely we are the first company that has merged clients like this, I hope. 

I just started the archiving on HR. I was thinking I may look into creating a cloned copy of the archiving object and point to a different unix folder. But that won't work. I was also thinking about resetting the number range in HR. But that won't handle old archive data.

Just trying to be proactive since we have about a year.

Thanks

Rick