cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Syclo Agentry Service Manager Timezone Issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys!

I currently am facing an issue regarding timezones for Syclo Agentry Service Manager.

Scenario:

When entering ETA(date time) value on the Client ex 1:00 PM and then when I press sync the value refreshes and is being advanced +0100 hours.

Detailed example.

Current setting:

User timezone in transaction SU01D : GMTUK

Server Timezone: UTC

CRM: Timezone : UTC

In Agentry.ini Java-1

timeZoneName=(UTC) Dublin, Edinburgh, Lisbon, London

When I input ETA 1:00PM on the ipad and hit delta sync the value will refresh and will return the time 2:00PM w/c is +0100 hours more that what i Input.

In CRM the value for the ETA is reflected as 2:00PM

I tried checking for the events logs for any timezone errors but I was able to address that already and still get the same results.

Here are some details for the said ETA field.

What might be the issue causing this? Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

You will also want to confirm the timezone on the User device.  If the user's timezone on their device (not the setting in CRM) is off by an hour it could explain the difference.  The other item is that the GMTUK might be observing Daylight savings and converting due to British Summer Time compared to UTC.

--Bill

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bill,

Thanks for your input.

I checked the settings on the iPad where Syclo is installed and the client is using London, England for date and time and for the international settings they are using United Kingdom.

I don't know if my understanding is correct but what I think happens is that When I put in the said time let's say 2PM on the ipad it get's transmitted over to CRM server (UTC) with my user that has GMTUK as 2PM as well (should'nt this be 1PM since it's UTC?) and when I do a delta sync and retrieve the data it adds another 1 hour to the time on CRM (2PM) and add's another 1 hour to it.

Anything else I can check? or may change in order to not have the retrieval of time from CRM to agentry not add additional 1 hour?

Your input will help as I've tried researching on my own plus I don't have training for Syclo and im doing all DIY. (I'm just supporting this and I didn't develop how the system is setup)

Thanks,

Kurt

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

mark_pe
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Kevin,

Hi. In SAP Support, we use this KBA as an example on what you need to do to check your SMP time zone versus SAP and what to put under your Java timeZone in the agentry.ini or the SMP 3.0 cockpit.

Please reference the pictures in this KBA for guideline.

http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/2116194

Hope this helps out.

Best Regards,

Mark Pe
SAP Platinum Support Engineer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mark.

It is asking me for a SAP username and password for the market place.

mark_pe
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Kevin,

Yes this is an SAP Knowledge Base article. Given to customers with support contract in SAP. You will need to get your S number or SAP number from your key guys (IT or main person responsible for the SAP access) to be able to read key SAP Notes/KBA articles or even access videos.

So hope this explains why it is asking for a user name and password.

Best Regards,

Mark Pe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

Everything seems to be setup fine. What else do you think might be wrong? I even tried changing the values to (UTC -01:00) and doesn't seem to work.

mark_pe
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Kevin,

Try to check if you have also an update rule tied to the time (startDate). In your 4th picture above, you did not share the rules/hyperlink/special value. Try to see if it always add +1 to your value.

You specified in your fifth picture "From System Connection Local Time" See if the other options works for your.

The other known time analysis article for CRM (may be or may not be related to your issue) is under:

1. http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/2163530  (This document explains multiple scenarios why the CRM is not in sync with the device). You may look at the pictures and the final Note on how it was resolved.  There are 4 issues here and it shows error. I am not sure if you see errors in yours but check the description on how to match the CRM with the system.

2. http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/2170992 - this is tied to an SAP note for future dates being applied.

So in summary, try to check for rules, try to check the connection type and see if these 2 other links may share some information that can lead into solving it.

Regards,

Mark Pe