Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Modal window can't close if opened in two browsers

lyubomirlalev
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello colleagues,

I am having a modal window which when opened in two browsers, can't be closed in the first one. It can be closed in the second, but still exists in the first, although the context gets cleared and obviously the methods for close are called. When I try to close it again in the first browser, the corresponding methods are still called, but nothing happens on the UI - the modal window just stays there.

Here are the open and close methods of the window:

Could you please tell me if this is a bug, or what I shall implement in addition in order to avoid the problem?

Thank you and regards,

LL

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

not able to follow u....

lyubomirlalev
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

In first browser, in our Java web dynpro UI we open a modal window (like a dialog/pop-up for entering some information). It has two buttons - OK and Close.

In the same UI, but in another browser, we open the same modal window at the same time. This results in the following: the modal window cannot be closed in the first browser. Clicking the buttons OK or Close in the first browser do not close it at all.

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

how you define windows_cache?

lyubomirlalev
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

I define it the following way:

private static final Map<String, IWDWindow> WINDOWS_CACHE = new HashMap<String, IWDWindow>(5);

I guess the issue is with it. But I wonder is there any other way to open and close modal windows. Or is there a way to get a modal window which is present in the screen (so that I can get it in the close method).

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

don't make it static....

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you mark that as correct answer?

lyubomirlalev
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

I don't know how answers work and what is a correct and what is a helpful answer... I guess here is no correct answer, as I believe there could be other ways to implement the open and close of the modal windows?

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

at least your problem is solved by making that variable non-static?

other implementation of popup window is no big difference than yours