cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

InfoObject Language Dependend Text HANA Mapping

0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

i´m using a hana view for providing master data in an info object. This works fine with normal attributes.

I have a problem with the language dependend texts. I´ve set the option, but in the mapping screen i dont get a field for language.

I´m always getting the wrong texts now...

How should this work if you can´t map the language?

You can see this in the screenshots i attached.

I´m on 740 SP11.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have exactly the same problem. Any solution to this?

We are on 750SP3.

I have searched OSS and found nothing.

I have also placed a question here in SCN for this but received no answer so far: How is it done: Embedded BI Language Dep Text?

sander_vanwilligen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Maximilian,

If your HANA view does not contain a Language field, then it does not make sense to flag Language-dependent Texts in the Characteristic.

Please check if you can add Language to the HANA view if the it is available in the source data. If not, then you could add a constant value to Language (e.g. 'EN') or decide to unflagging Language-dependent Texts in the Characteristic. I would advice the latter since otherwise you might miss texts for users logging on in another language than English.

Best regards,

Sander

0 Kudos

Hi Sander,

the problem is, the hana view has a language field and its visible thru all layers. I´ve attached a screenshot of this.

As far as i see, the problem is not the hana view.

In my understanding i would expect as soon as i set the flag "language dependend text" in the info object, i would get a field in the mapping screen for the language, no matter of the hana view contains a language field.

Any other ideas?

Kindly regards

Max

sander_vanwilligen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Max,

Based on your additional information, I would say it might be a bug. Please have a look at SAP Note 2128491 - InfoObject master data maintenance - SAP HANA view data determined incorrectly.

If the SAP Note is not applicable to your BW release and SP level, then please inform us about the BW release and SP level.

Best regards,

Sander

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When you are reading data from HANA database the most importent thing is using which user you are intrracting with HANA.for that particular user you have assign the pass the Logon laguage then only the problem resolve.

Regards

Jagan