cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DMC_INDXCL and header tables

Former Member
0 Kudos

TDMS Gurus - I would like to understand the difference between the table DMC_INDXCL and the header tables cnvtdms* . Per SAP DMC_INDXCL is used for filling up with application data and header tables with business process data. What I am not able to understand is what is the difference between these 2 types of data and if both type of tables are used in all scenarios or is it scenario specific.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

rajesh_kumar2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Gaurav,

DMC_INDXCL is actual Index like table that will hold the complete selected data of all the tables in compressed and encrypted format.

CNVTDMS* tables are called as TDMS header tables and they contain basic primary key information of the identified business process data during a TDMS copy.

These identified keys are later used to select the complete tables rows during TDMS data selection for header tables .

These tables would not be required in full transfer scenarios / Master Data packages / BPL packages and some other migration solutions where there is no activity for 'Identification of Business process data Relevant for transfer'.

I hope this would help you understand the difference between these tables in the system.

Thanks ,

Rajesh