SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot Reverse Print Doc/ Invoice ?

former_member257418
Participant
0 Kudos

This is the scenario we have for which i think i have a resolution but need validation from experts in this forum.

For a Particular contract account , business want to reverse the last 2 invoices & re-invoice  the customer. The system allowed reversal of the first invoice (EA13) but when reversing the 2nd one threw this error

On analysis of the clearing of payments for the FICA documents related to invoice , i found that part of the doc was cleared by incoming payment & part of it was cleared through account maintenance. One of the users reset the account maintenance doc resulting in reversal of account maintenance doc. This reversal is preventing the reversal of invoice.

Maintaining main transaction & sub transaction for reversal as suggested in message helps to address the issue.We tried this in one of the sand box.

Would maintain this settings have any impact

Also something that intrigues me is ,Reversal & re- invoicing as well partial settlements would happen everyday in a production environment. We went live in 2011 , how is it that we never encountered this before.

Thanks for any insight you guys can provide.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

former_member215295
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Satish,

Account maintenance happened during invoicing or through FPMA ?

If it is through invoicing you can select the clearing document and do partial reset with transaction code FP07.

We came across similar scenarios where bills couldn't be reversed because of reset documents and always we followed the option of Fp07 to reset some of the partially cleared documents and in the end it worked.

thanks,

Vikram

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

former_member215295
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Satish,

Account maintenance happened during invoicing or through FPMA ?

If it is through invoicing you can select the clearing document and do partial reset with transaction code FP07.

We came across similar scenarios where bills couldn't be reversed because of reset documents and always we followed the option of Fp07 to reset some of the partially cleared documents and in the end it worked.

thanks,

Vikram

0 Kudos

Hi Vikram

Thanks for your response..

Probably i have not explained the issue clearly

Against the print doc i want to reverse , i see following FICA docs in ERDB table

Of this doc 417000403344 is reversed.

When i try to reverse the print doc 201801631882 , it gives me message that dependent doc 417000403344 is already reversed.

Are you saying that by doing partial clearing on 417000403343 , i should be able to reverse print doc 201801631882....

Also have you guys maintained Main & sub for reversal in Config for consumption charges..

Regards

Satish

0 Kudos

Hi Satish,

The configuration node that you have mentioned only comes into picture, if you have a scenario,where in for a particular main\sub combination be it an invoice or any other FICA posting, the reversal have to performed for the business partner items and offsetting items are already reversed instead. In a nut shell, the scenario that you are facing.

There is no harm in maintaining this config and you can maintain this config and perform the reversal.

Hope it helps...

Thanks,

Amlan

0 Kudos

Hi Amlan

Thanks for the explanation of the config setting & the scenario in which it comes into play.

Maintaining the main & sub for reversal  , i was able to reverse the print doc. As mentioned by you it created offset settings.

However I have one question & probably you can help me understand better.

I have been trying to recreate the scenario in sandbox but without success. This is what i see in the document where we have issue is as under.

There was a credit on account when invoice was generated. This resulted in 2 documents linked to Print doc: The original invoice doc & account maintenance doc adjusting the credit against part of invoice. A separate incoming payment cleared the remaining part of invoice & this payment had a return on it at a later date. I see a reversal on the account maintenance doc too (i have no clue how this reversal has come about).

I tried the exact same scenario but print reversal happens even without the config settings. I am sure I am missing something ... i would appreciate if you can help me understand where i may be going wrong.

Appreciate your help a lot.

Regards

Satish

0 Kudos

Hi Satish,

As far as I could get from your scenario, I don't think the account maintanance document which has cleared was reversed. I think the FICA document which was involved in the account maintanance was reversed.

As a result, though the account maintnance document had cleared the Invoice, but the other part was missing leading to the issue.

Thanks,

Amlan

0 Kudos

Thanks Amlan