cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HCM PF framework not calling BADI HRPAD00INFTY

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Our development team created implementation for BADI HRPAD00INFTY on one of the custom infotype to create records in other infotypes which depends on the custom infotype records.

This BADI being triggered using standard update transactions PA30, PA40 etc but not in HCM process framework.

The same custom infotype being updated through HCM PF but depended other infotypes are not updated since this BADI hasn't been tirggered.

Please provide your opinion on what is going wrong with this?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sahirn
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have you decoupled the custom infotypes.

Check if the badi is triggered when processing the custom infotype in transaction PUIT_UI.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Sahir.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sahir,

Thanks for your reply, I did detailed analysis but need your suggestion on below.

This BADI is not triggered using transaction PUIT_UI. But as per SAP documentation we have to make use of NITF, so the BADI HRPAD00INFTYBL should be used instead of HRPAD00INFTY.

Our logic should be triggered for any updates on IT0001, IT0006(0001) and IT99XX.

But the problem here is the custom logic must be triggered either using standard transactions PA30/ PA40 or HCM PF framework& ESS.

IT0001

HCM PF - New BADI triggered & Old BADI not triggered

PA30      - New BADI not triggered & Old BADI triggered

IT0006

HCM PF - New BADI triggered, Old BADI not triggered

PA30      -  New BADI triggered, Old BADI triggered

IT99XX

HCM PF - New BADI triggered, old BADI not triggered

PA30      -  New BADI triggered as well as old BADI also

The new BADI is not triggered for IT0001 (Since the conversion not permitted by standard SAP - Conversion option in NITF) when update happening through PA30 & PA40. It seems like we need put the logic at both old BADI and new BADI in order to work with standard transactions and UI (HCM PF & ESS).

IT0001 - Implement both BADIs

IT0006 - Implement new BADI

IT99XX - Implement new BADI

Please let me know your suggestion.

Thanks,

Hareesh K

sahirn
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Hareesh K,

As per my understanding the BADI HRPAD00INFTYBL has to be used when working with applications built on top of Decoupled Infotype Framework (DIF). I am aware that ESS and HCM P&F  use DIF.

Refer 's blog

However for older classical transactions like PA30 this BADI would not come into picture.

Hence you will have to use appropriate exits and BADI as per the use case.

Hope this helps.

With regards,

Sahir.

Answers (0)