SAP for Retail Discussions
Join conversations about personalization, omnichannel strategies, and operational excellence in retail using SAP for Retail software.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Split valuation by Origin in SAP Retail

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I want to configure an article split valuation by Origin (Valuation Category = "H") in a SAP Retail environment. But it seems that the only valid Valuation Category for split valuation in SAP Retail is "R" (Retail).

How can I get a split valuation by Origin in SAP Retail? And what does Valuation Category "R" allows to do in terms of split valuation?

Thank you for your help.

Regards,

Stephan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stephan,

You can determine the standard valuation category for Retail in customizing:

IMG: Materials Management -> Valuation and Account Assignment -> Split Valuation ...

R is default, but can be changed there.

Still, please note that split valuation in Retail should only be used if it's really necessary, and then only in DCs.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stephan,

You can determine the standard valuation category for Retail in customizing:

IMG: Materials Management -> Valuation and Account Assignment -> Split Valuation ...

R is default, but can be changed there.

Still, please note that split valuation in Retail should only be used if it's really necessary, and then only in DCs.

0 Kudos

Hi Christina,

Thank you for your answer.

My company needs to identify from which country the goods are coming from by filling in a commercial invoice if they are exported from our UK DC to a country outside the EU. Sometimes the same article can be supplied from different suppliers from different countries, so I thought the use of the split valuation would be useful to record where the article has been sourced from.

Would you think there is a better way of doing the above than with split valuation?

Thank you again.

Stephan

0 Kudos

Hi Stephen,

Split valuation is only necessary if you really need this from an accounting (valuation) point of view. There may be several other options to look into, such as batch management, or using different storage locations (or in case of an FMS system, using segmentation).

It really depends on the actual requirements (consulting).

Christina

0 Kudos

.. actually segmentation also works in Retail (w/o FMS)..