Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SSF in ABAP

willi_eimler
Contributor

Dear All,

Even though of the very good  documentation of ssf and ABAP, I open this thread (Please excuse my bad English. I'm German and I hope you can identify the sarcasm of the sentence!).

I want to use the envelope/develope function of ssf (function SSF_KRN_ENVELOPE/SSF_KRN_DEVELOPE) with use of a password (we are using NW7.31). I would like to be able to let a user envelope/develope a document with function SSF_KRN_ENVELOPE/SSF_KRN_DEVELOPE and providing a password!  But there are a lot of questions not answered by any sap documentation:

1. What's about parameter STR_PAB?

How can I enter the storage location of the privat adressbook in this parameter?

2. What is the connection between Transaction SSFA and the parameter STR_PAB?

I maintained an Entry in SSFA:

Then I maintained STRUST:

3. What is the connection between the ssf parameter in SU01, the strust and ssfa and the functions SSF_KRN_ENVELOPE/SSF_KRN_DEVELOPE?

Why is the no documentation about the above settings???

4. Could someone provide an example?

How do I have to provide the parameters of function SSF_KRN_ENVELOPE/SSF_KRN_DEVELOPE? Or could provide the parameters for ssf-testprogram ssf01/ssf02?

And 5. and finally: What is wrong with SAP?

Why is sap not able to provide a compete documentation about ssf and ABAP? I found 100.000 entries about the functional principle of digital signature and the description of the functions SSF_KRN_ENVELOPE/SSF_KRN_DEVELOPE! There you can see you need to provide the parameter STR_PAB. But how? I found no entry about the ssf parameter settings in SU01! Is it to difficult to write a compete documentation about ssf and ABAP???

Please answer my questions. Answer to question 5 is "nice to have" but would be very interesting!!!

Best regards

Willi Eimler

5 REPLIES 5

willi_eimler
Contributor
0 Kudos

Yup, anybody out there?

willi_eimler
Contributor
0 Kudos

No security guy can answer????

cris_hansen
Advisor
Advisor

Hello Willi,

There are documents about SSF API:

STR_PAB is the "Private Address Book" value in SSFA. If you do not define a path for the filename, then it will store the file in SECUDIR environment variable.

About SU01 and SSF, please read this SCN thread.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Cris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Wlli for your questions. Everything you've raised in your question is very valid. These are the questions have been trying to hack over the Internet but surprisingly no one has answered. I hope SAP will look at this because it will be of great benefit for beginners.

0 Kudos

Thanx for your statement!