cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Validation in Personas 2.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am facing an issue regarding validate the quotation number.

To brief the issue, i created a flavor in which user will enter the quotation number.

I validated if the user doesnt enter any value and click on the script button then it will give the message in my label which is in the same flavor.

Now my issue is that when i enter some number which is not a valid quotation number then i should show it in my flavor label where i enter my quotation number.

but now it is going to VA23 screen and in the status bar down bottom it is showing the error message. this message to be captured and bring it to my flavor screen.

when i do the recording i get only this " ses[0]/wnd[0]/sbar " but unable to capture the text from here. also i wanted to have a nested if condition is it possible?

can any one help me out.

Thanks,

Sri.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member105930
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Was going to reply but Tamas beat me to it. Like Tamas says, copy it to a variable and you should be fine:

the script would look something like this.

Ian

tamas_hoznek
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Nested IF conditions are not supported in Personas 2.0. The way to achieve something close to that is having an IF condition which will push another script button that has the second IF condition and so on. Can become a little convoluted if you have many conditions

As for capturing the message from the status bar, that should be no problem with the field ID you mentioned. Can you not copy that to a variable? If you did that, then you only have to navigate back to your previous screen and paste the error text into your target field.