cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

make description field mandatory

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

We have a requirement in ITSM. Whenever message processor works on incident & change the status to customer action. Description fied should be mandatory. 

I have changed using configurable area but no field property is showing I AM have attached the screenshot for the same.. Please advise.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ashish,

your requirement can't be achieved via business role configuration

for status dependent check in incident you need to do configuration in SPRO

check below KBA

1817423 - How to configure "Specify Status-Dependent Required Fields" in Solution Manager 7.1

this should resolve

Thanks

Prakhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi prakhar,

Thanks for provind KBA but this is for text id... we need to define Description field mandatory for status change to customer action.

Regards,

Ashish Rajput

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ashish,

normally this field/ text is already filled in while creating a ticket by requestor itself

anyway there is no configuration to do it on specific status and hence you can implement

BADI order_save to check if this filed is maintained or not on this status

this should resolve

thanks

Prakhar

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ashish,

The above screen shows you are trying to make the Long Text mandatory & not the Description field.

Goto SPRO--> Text determination-->wher in you can make the text Obligatorty

Thanks

Jignesh.

rishav54
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ashish

Please perform the customizations using the badi

AI_CRM_IM_STATUS_BADI

Specially the method IF_EX_CRM_ORDER_FIELDCHECK~FIELDCHECK

Please check below thread for same

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3708051

Also there is blog which will set the editability for the multilevel categorization,

Check if you can have the description field there and you can set the mandatory flag.

But I would suggest to make the description filed as mandatory at initial stage only using the AET tool.

If you need the help with AET tool please let me know.

Thanks

Rishav

rishav54
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Most probable you are clicking on wrong blue area for the configuration, Please check it once again.

Thanks

Rishav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rishav,

Thanks for reply. there is no option to select any column from blue area and click on show field property. please suggest.

Regards,

Ashish