cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing options for SAP Netweaver 7.4 in SWPM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

i'm trying to prepare an installation for a SAP Netweaver 7.4 Standalone Java Application Server.

I have downloaded the istallation packages for SAP Netweaver 7.4 and  the latest Version of the SWPM  (SWPM10SP09_0-20009611.SAR).

I  have unpacked the sar file in a tmp Directory on my local machine. (Windos 7, 32-bit)

After starting the sapinst.exe i only get a restricted list with Generic Installation Options:

The Option to install SAP Netweaver  is missing.

What is wrong?

Thank you in Advance

Berthold

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

manumohandas82
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Berthold ,

You have downloaded the SWPM for a 64 BIT server , Unsared in a 32 bit server  . Till here it is fine

But

Did  you transfer the SAR file ( or the  Unsared folder )  to the server in which you are trying to install , and tried to run

Thanks ,

Manu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manu,

i have downloaded the 32-bit Version of the SWPM and unpacked it on my local 32-bit machine.

It seems to me, that the 32-bit Version has only limited options, although there are a lot of subfolders unpacked for each Netweaver version .

So now  i have downloded the 64-bit Version and stored it on a 64-bit system.

After starting sapinst..exe all options are shown in the welcome screen.

Up to Version 7.3 a Windows 32-bit Version was available. a deeper look in the PAM has shown me, that Version 7.4 only Supports 64-bit Windows.

Thank's for your hint.

Greetings

Berthold

manumohandas82
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks  for the Update . I had a doubt as well 

Best of luck with your installation

Thanks ,

Manu

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member182657
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Could you check with SAP Note  2172935 - Installation - SAP Systems based on SAP NetWeaver 7.1 and Higher on UNIX/Windows: Oracle

Hope this note may help you in some manners.

Regards,

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Berthold

1. Have you downloaded the right SWPM. refer 1680045 - Release Note for Software Provisioning Manager 1.0 SP 09

2.  I think before starting the installation you have to read the SAP installation guide based on NW 7.4.

Kindly refer the SAP link. - SAP NetWeaver Guide Finder

Regards

SS

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI SS,

i have checked already the mentioned documents together with my colleogue. We have spent a lot of hours to solve the issue (sap notes, Installation guide, SCN, Google etc.).

Currently  we have no ideas leftover.

Regards

Berthold.