cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Source inspection - Quality stock without new inspection lot

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi dear gurus,

I'm facing a "source inspection" business case.

My customer (aerospace industry) would like to perform source inspection. Then I did perform folowing activities :

1. Assign inspection type in material master

2. Create quality info record by a) entering the same inspection type and b) selecting Radio button "Source Insp - no GR".

Even if the material has been checked at supplier place, the requirement is to perform a visual inspection at Goof Receipt. But by using the same inspection lot used to perfom source inspection, no need to create new inspection lot.

I've tried to resolve this issue by unclicking the Radio button "Source Insp - no GR". The PO is received in Quality stock but a new inspection lot is created.

Thanks for your help

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

busyaban7
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Patrick,

Do you mean you are getting two '0101' inspection lots created - 1st one as Source Inspection and 2nd one is created at GR?

Best answer is already suggested by Craig to adopt LT MIC and move on.

I haven't used the functionality proposed here "...The problem with this, is that the stock will go directly to unrestricted upon receipt at dock, not into QI.... " Though I believe that should be true, but please can you test this process and propose your observations.

Still if the 2nd insp lot is getting created, you can try forcefully 'blocking' creation of the 2nd inspection lot at GR using below Exit -

QPL10001  QM: Inspection lot creation - editing work area on creation

Thanks,

Arijit

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I haven't tried this with a source inspection lot, but have you tried to setup the visual inspection characteristic as a long-term inspection characteristic?  I'd give that its own operation in the inspection plan.  I'd have two acceptable UD codes available.  One would be like SOOK for Source OK and the other your standard PASS.

Then when the material comes in, record the long term inspection and change the UD from SOOK to PASS.  The problem with this, is that the stock will go directly to unrestricted upon receipt at dock, not into QI.  A visual failure would then require you to manually deal with the stock in UR after changing the UD to FAIL.

You could, if batch managed, to minimize the stock use risk, is to set the SOOK UD to post to UR/restricted batch status.  (maybe have batches created in restricted batch status to start with).  Then when the LT visual inspection is done, have the PASS UD set to post to UR/unrestricted batch status.  They should also be able to change the batch status manually within the lot as well I think.

You'd have to test it all, I don't have a sandbox or configuration/data to test it in my available systems.  This is all just a suggestion to try.  I'm not sure if it will work or not.

Please let us know what you find out.  I'd be very interested to hear if some of the ideas above can actually be done.

Craig