cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to pass multiple values to dashboard prompt?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus,

I am working on BO Dashboard 4.1 with HANA as source.  I have a query on dashboard with YEAR as one of its attribute.  I am having current year and previous year in dashboard excel sheet, and I want to pass these 2 year values to the query.  So, I have created an optional prompt for YEAR in my query with type as IN LIST.  Now, how can I pass those 2 cells from my excel to dashboard query?

I also tried C1,C2 and C1;C2, but its not accepting those values.

Can any of you experts help me on this?

Thanks

RJ

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Rj,

In the beaning if you want to pass multiple value to your prompt report make sure you have your drill report has "In list"  Insted of "Equal"

Now you need to build the Formula in your excel which should have outcome as 2015;2016....you can build the formula by match , concatenation etc excel functions

Now you do the selection on your Dashboard is in this case 2015 and 2016 if these need to pass into your Drill report then use the following

&lsMEnter_the Years( Enter_the_year  is your prompt Text in the drill report)....and then you can Trigger the URL when value changes ( Properties in url button)

eg is something like

http://servername:port//OpenDocument/opendoc/openDocument.jsp?&sIDType=CUID&sWindow=Same------------... (various Pramaters you want )

...then   &lsMEnter_the Years=( the cell which gives output as 2015;2016)

Hope this helps.....

Thanks

Mayur.P

former_member182541
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Take the complete list in the selector, and in the list of values you can bind only on the single cell may be the destination of the selector component. But make sure that the selector must capable of passing multiple inputs like list builder.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi RJ,

You have mapped it to insert List of values. This will not work.
Map it to the selected values. Map the Range like 'Sheet1'!$A$1:$A$2

Hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What is the year type in the system? is it string or number?

in the excel screenshot the passed year values are number; try string one '2015 and '2016