cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Use ZMCR for Maintenance and YMCR for Implementation proj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Im using charm, and I create 2 types of RfC, the idea is use ZMCR for maintenance project and YMCR for Implementation project, anyone know how I can restrict this, the idea restrict the type of project based on the document type.

any clue?

thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

rishav54
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ricardo

Restricting based on the authorizations is great approach you can have.

1. configure the transaction types as per my first response.

2. restrict the users based on S_PROJECT.

3. Then you can set the editability for the project field so that users can not alter the project further.

Further you can enhance the F4 help as suggested by Prakhar above if you dont want to restric based on the authorizations

How to provide F4 Help - CRM - SCN Wiki

F4 Help in SAP CRM WEB UI | SCN

Thanks

Rishav

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ricardo,

I have implemented this several times due to different customer requirement and you can design this way you want it but actually you also need to configure business roles too

so

first create transaction type

create copy control for these transaction type

create different business roles for these transaction type

create different authorization to adapt above

please note this is not a basic task but yes feasible and achievable.

In the reporting requirements, make sure your design fits otherwise you will end up in big development requirements

hope this information is useful....but feel free further

thanks

Prakhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Parkhar

Thanks but this need to be controlled at customising level, the "authorization" or Business role approach is not valid,

Im thinking a restriction like the SMTM that are only valid for Test Phase,

Thanks

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ricardo

configuration is first step to achieve what you want to do BUT

with proper authorization only you can restrict users to only see  ZMCR or YMCR otherwise they can access or create any document type for any project

so for e.g. let say user group A is authoriation for Project A and ZMCR

i wil use CRM_ORD_PR = ZMCR  and S_PROJECT = "A" so that this set of user will only be allowed for zmcr transaction type and project a is visible

Business role will allows to simply the interface

i hope this clear now and help further

thanks

Prakhar

rishav54
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ricardo

Please perform the configuratoin first for ZMCR and YMCR and then restrict based on CRM_ORD_PR and S_PROJECT (check if you can utilize S_PROJ_GEN) also with same.

Thanks

Rishav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is the same,

If I have consultant working for projects and Maintenance I can restrict that they create YMCR on Maintenance project.

The restriction need to come from configuration side, not authorizacion

thanks

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

whether a user is working on Implementation OR Maintenance team ...in standard when they click create request for change option in SM_CRM

they get a pop up ZMCR or YMCR ...in a standard SOLMANPRO business role.................. if you don't restrict it like mentioned via authorization roles

which simply means anyone can create a request for change & assign any Solman Project in Project field which is also not mandatory in the first step of creation.

Post creation also they can search and fill the value in Project field which can be maintenance or implementation type of project without any restriction

therefore you need to use authorization concept here

This should help

Thanks

Prakhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

OK, I understand your point, but they always can mistake the project selection.

The idea is that every consultant can create YMCR or ZMCR, the restriction that I need , is when they create a YMCR, the system automatically filter the Implementation projects in the project field, even if he have SAP_ALL

BR

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ricardo

as already mentioned you need to use the object S_PROJECT for the project field in the authorization roles.

so that when users do a F4 search only the project they are authorized can be assigned whether they user ZMCR or YMCR.

thus, they can't make mistake as there is no chance of even to see projects for which they are not allowed

if not(means full access), you need to go for small development by modification of F4 search for this field as there is no configuration for this field.

this should resolve

Thanks

Prakhar

rishav54
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ricardo

Try as below

SPRO->Solution manager ->capabilities->Change control Management->Change request management framework->Select ZMCR and remove the correponding entries as shown below

I had never done that before but this could be starting point, please check if it works.

Thanks

Rishav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rishav

Thanks but this is not helping, this only filter the "Change documents", but still when I create the RFC I can see al the proyects types.

Thanks

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ricardo

you need to use the S_PROJECT authorization object in the role to restrict project list

there is no configuration to control here the visiblity of projects

In standard roles this is always "*" like SAP_SOCM_REQUESTOR etc so F4 brings all the ChaRM activated project list.

thanks

Prakhar