cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Performance issue in SAP MSSQL 2005

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

Unfortunately, I don’t have much experience in performance tuning & Anylsis.

I have a quality system (DB & CI on same system) having some performance issue as updated by my functional team.

I checked my TOPCPU, could see that sqlservr.exe(48%) and Disp+Work.exe (50%) are consuming almost 100% CPU utilization.

Please find my system details-

OS- Windows 2003 R2 server (Microsoft has ended the support in july 15)- 64 bit

DB- MS SQL Server 2005 - 9.00.4035.00 (X64) # SP3 Enterprise Edition

ECC 6.0 EHP 5

Netwever 7.02

DB Size – 250 GB

RAM Size -16 GB

1) Please let me know for any additional information.

2) Could you please assist from where should I begin the investigation of issue

3) Is there any Snote specifying that these performance issue could be because of old version of OS/DB

Regards

Suri

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

manumohandas82
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Surymani ,

Is your system always running on 100% CPU utilization ? If yes   try to trace any random functional process and decide where the real issue is  ( Ie DB / SAP )

In a nutshell ,

1 ) All the delays are in the DB side  . In this case how will it benifit you if you further reduce the available resources to the DB ( ie , Memory and CPU )

2 ) Same above applies to the sap side  , Delay is in the SAP side  ( It could be wait time ,CPU time  etc etc )

Is it because there are a lot of parallel jobs running around the same time ?

Too many work process configured for  a quality system

Your analysis should be spot on before someone can help you correctly here .

First of all take a trace using ST12 (on any porcess / Job that the Functional team are complaining ), identify where the issue lies . Use ST03N/STAD to  help you further .

Thanks ,

Manu

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Suri

1. Try to upgrade the OS to either Windows 2008 or 2012.R2 with DB MS Sql 2008 / 2012 R2.

2135423 - Support of SAP Products on Windows Server 2003 after 14-Jul-2015

2  Have to define the memory 70 % for OS + SAP Application & 30% for DB.

based on SAP Note 88416 - Zero administration memory management for the ABAP server

3. For MS Sql DB you have to check the service pack and refer the scn link except point number 3

Regards

SS