cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Partial qty putaway in existing SU

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

How to putaway the partial qty from interim area to the SU available in bin.

Suppose capacity of SU is 40 pcs and i received 100 from production.

In this case how many su shall be created ?

Wheter system will create 2 SU and 20 pcs will remain in GR-Area ?

Or

System will create 3 SU(2 SU with 40 pcs + 1 SU with 20 pcs ) ?

What is the standard behavior ?

Our requirement is system shall allow user to add partial qty to the partial filled SU during TO creation.

Suppose there is one SU in Bin with 10 pcs and there is 30 pcs in GR-area,then user shall be able to move 30 pcs in the SU.

Regards,

Om

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

if the receipt quantity is 100 pcs from production then system will create 3 SU(2 SU with 40 pcs + 1 SU with 20 pcs )

if your requirement is to add partial into existing then it is not possible with standard SAP (even practically also it is very difficult as the working will go to the partially filled bin location with the pallet which is having less then pallet load,

1) Drop the pallet to the area near to the bin which he is carrying,

2) Take out the pallet which is already there in the bin

3) Transfer the quantity from the incoming pallet to the existing pallet

4) Put back the existing pallet to the bin location

5) Manually update the SU label with the new quantity

while in system it looks okey however this is going to be tough operationally and when your SU is activated it is always advisable to go with new bin location whenever you receive a new pallet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Manish,

My client requirement is to do the proper utilization of bin.

Suppose i have created 3 SU for 100 qty(40 ,40,20).

Bin A - SU1(40 qty) , Bin B- SU2(40 qty), Bin C-SU3(20 qty)

Again i have received 100 qty ,here i client want system to create 2 new SU i.e

Bin D - SU4(40 qty),Bin E - SU5(40 qty) and remaining 20 qty in Bin C - SU(20+20)qty .

Is this not possible in standard sap ?

what is the standard way to handle such scenario ?

Regards,

Om

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Nothing is impossible...

you are the best person to decide at what cost you want to provide/design the functionality. If I will limit the discussion from system perspective then Requested requirement cannot be fulfilled using standard SAP however It is very much possible by writing some complex custom code to find the partially filled bin first then pass the same SU number at the time of TO creation as source and destination storage unit and then make it workable

Con of this approach  -How about the operational issue (keeping in mind the worker and not the system)

1) How about the physical movement from goods receipt area to the final bin location (steps which I mentioned earlier)

2) Since you are adding the quantity in the existing SU new label not getting generated (or even if you are generating what is the gurantee that working is removing the old label and putting the new lable)

3) How about the overall time taken by worker to perform this activity compare to the underutilization or proper utilization of the bin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks manish !

So what you suggest me .

I mean what is the best solution for this scenario you can suggest me.

regards,

Om

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

when your SU is activated it is always advisable to go with new bin location whenever you receive a new pallet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Manish !

BR,

Om

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Manish,

Suppose i have 2 SU with partial qty in two different bin location.

can i move one of them and combined them into one SU ?

Say Bin A - SU1(20 qty) & Bin B - SU2(20 qty)

After Bin to Bin - Bin A - SU1(40 qty ),is this possible ?

Sole purpose is to combine the partial qty into one SU and utilize the warehouse space.

Regards,

Om

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

the scenario you described is possible this means adding one SU under another one. In the system you will see SU1 with qty 40 pcs.

In this case you should think how this operation will be handled physically. You will have two pallets with 20 pieces.  Whati will you do?

1) Will you take both of them out off the bin, combine them and create a new label with updated qty in a separated area?

2) Will you take one of them out, transfer it to another bin, add it to stock and print a new label with updated qty?

Maybe there is another option. The thing is that the operation is possible easily in the system but creates a bit complicated situation in the WH.

With regards,

Michal.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Michal,

We are going with option 2 i.e we will add it to stock .

I mean we will move the stock i.e Bin to Bin transfer .

But how to print SU label ?

Also say we have different batches after moving it to one bin .

Is SU capable to display different batches for one material ?

What is standard method to print su label for such cases ?

Thanks Michal

Regards,

Om

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Om,

you can read more about printing labels here:

Printing Labels - BC - SAP Printing Guide - SAP Library

In SAP standard you can create a mixed SU. But in the scenario that you have different batches I would not recommend to do so. Different batches should stay seperate. Let's say that you have two different batches one for a price of 100$ and second for 200$. You still need to label them differently so the WH operator knows which material to pick in case there is a request for specific batch.

So what I wanted to say is that in a scenario when you move same material same batch from bin to bin, you can print a new label with new qty.

In case of different batches it's better to keep them seperate and in case that you have enough space I'd even keep them on different bins.

With regards,

Michal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Michal,

Suppose i do bin to bin transfer for same material with same batch.

Stock will added to existing SU label or we have to print new SU label

If we have to print new SU label.

How to print the new SU label for bin to bin transfer 999 mov  type ?

Regards,

Om

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Om,

how do you print labels in rebin action now? The process should be the same. Anyway you should check the setting of printing control in OMLV transaction.

With regards,

Michal

sushant_wanjari
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Om,

When you move the material+batch into a bin with the same material+batch then your quant number would remain the same. This would result in merging of the two SU's. I think the destination SU would have the consolidated quantity.

But, you will need to reprint the destination SU label as the old label will reflect the older quantity.

-Sushant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Sushant,

What is the standard transaction code to do bin to bin movement to move the stock from one su to other su?

Can we use LT01 ?

What transaction we can use to print SU label for this case ?

is there any standard transaction to print su label ?

Regards,

Om

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Moderator message: Discussion locked for basic questions. Some of them are several times answered in this discussion chain already.

Answers (0)